PDA

View Full Version : What does the tooth fairy bring?

fivi2
07-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Not the $ amount, but does she bring cash, special coins, toys, some other thing?

My dds are about to lose their first teeth (yes, at 7.5 we have not lost any yet). Twin A wrote the TF a note telling her she didn't really need any money, so maybe she could bring her something else. lol. She wants the fairies (any fairy) to bring her something magical (or to make her stuffed animals come to life) and obviously that isn't going to happen.

We do have a stash of 1$ coins that I think will be a hit, but what other special items does your TF bring? Or is yours a cash only fairy?

ABO Mama
07-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Cash only fairy here. The fairy brings $1 bill, folded in an origami shape.

elliput
07-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Our tooth fairy brings books.

Pennylane
07-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Cash only here. I just can't deal with trying to sneak in toys or fairy dust :)

Ann

lkoala
07-17-2013, 02:38 PM
I have a bunch of euros from my trip to Paris and so the TF brings a euro and a chocolate coin + a quarter or something. I would like to expand it to other currency so we can talk about where the tooth fairy visits...

endlessheather
07-17-2013, 03:07 PM
DS is 7 and just lost his first tooth on the last day of 1st grade. We did a very pricey and inflated $7 for the number of years old he was when he lost his first one. Of course that $ amount won't happen again but he lost his tooth so late compared to his friends that I wanted to make it special. He left her a note asking her what she looked like so of course I had to write a note back describing herself. :) I like the book idea though as he's a book worm.

BabyBearsMom
07-17-2013, 03:09 PM
No tooth loss here but DH is adamant that the tooth fairy will only bring either $1 coins or $2 bills. He said it has to be magic money if it is coming from the tooth fairy. I think the first night we are scrambling to pull this together, he will get over it though, but I love his notions.

fivi2
07-17-2013, 03:28 PM
I got $2 bills from the tooth fairy as a child. It was fun - maybe we will stock up on some of those.

Thanks for the input everyone!

KrisM
07-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Sometimes money, but often small toys or books. DS1 lost a lot fairly young and money just wasn't exciting yet, so we did small gifts instead. By age 6, he had lost 8 teeth. Now, he's just past 9 and has lost 16 of the 20. The dentist says he'll be done before 10 years old.

almostamom
07-17-2013, 05:10 PM
A friend whose DD lost teeth before my DS told me to do cash only. She had started with special little toys shen her DD lost her first tooth and then one night her DD lost a tooth just before her bedtime. Of course her DH was out of town and the younger children were already asleep and she was stuck and didn't have anything to give from the tooth fairy. Our tooth fairy has always done cash, but she does take a picture when she delivers it and sends the pic to DS in the mail www.capturethemagic.com

karstmama
07-17-2013, 05:59 PM
so far, a dollar in quarters, but i'm totally prepared to go the 'foreign coin' route.

SnuggleBuggles
07-17-2013, 06:09 PM
cash only. I tried the gold dollar thing for a bit but it's a PITB. I prefer nothing fancy so if I am caught off guard, I'm not in a pinch.

MamaMolly
07-17-2013, 07:02 PM
We do cash/coin but last time Lula left the tooth fairy a heart shaped bead and the tooth fairy left her a sparkly one in exchange.

DietCokeLover
07-17-2013, 10:30 PM
$2 bill

KpbS
07-17-2013, 10:54 PM
State and National Park quarters are a fave here (DS1 has a collection and a folder thing for display). We've done some books too.

sarahsthreads
07-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Dollar coins here, though DD1 lost a tooth *on* her birthday last fall, and the tooth fairy managed to find a couple of those small japanese puzzle erasers to bring also since it was such a special day.

For the first lost tooth she brought a note written in tiny, pink handwriting on an itty bitty piece of paper and a dollar coin, but also left the tooth inside a special keepsake box that said "baby's first tooth" for mommy to keep. DD1 was very touched and impressed by that...and so was mommy. ;)

Sarah :)

hillview
07-18-2013, 12:49 PM
glitter trail and money only. occasionally a note.

mom2binsd
07-18-2013, 04:46 PM
KEEP it Simple!!! As the first tooth turns into the 5th tooth, it's sometimes hard to remember, you don't want to be scrambling for that "special tooth fairy gift" each time. Our tooth fairy had to once borrow a 1.00 bill from a sibling as she had not a bill in her wallet.....:bag