PDA

View Full Version : SoCal moms/dads, any recs. for a good dermatologist?

AnnieW625
07-17-2013, 04:58 PM
I have Anthem Blue Cross PPO so I can go anywhere, but last night while looking on Yelp and for one in my general area (Long Beach/and Coastal OC) all I kept finding were these fancy med spa places where they want you to use their products, use their $$$$$ pharmacy (I work in insurance and I see this too much, I don't like it because I think the costs are being fleeced to the consumer...but that is a whole other post), and what not. I don't need any of that. I might like some acne drugs for my face like Tazorac or Benzaclin, but again that isn't a huge deal for me right now, but generics usually work for me as well so I am fine with that.

I have been having some really weird skin issues on my arms, trunk, and legs the last couple of months. It doesn't happen all of the time, but right now they look and feel like hives, but they aren't bright red for the most part, and it feels nothing like the eczema my DD1 has. Last month I had these weird bites on my trunk and legs and they weren't bed bugs (checked my bed) or mosquitoes (grew up in mosquito country) or shingles (they weren't in clusters or pussy and crusted and I didn't have a fever and I wasn't sore), but looked a bit like psoriasis, but it wasn't crusty like that (my mom has had psorasis for as long as I can remember so I know what to look for), and it isn't KP, which I dealt with from puberty until my mid 20s. I took Accutane when I was 18 so I am used to my skin being overly sensitive, but I am itchy all of the time.

So in short I just need a non fancy dermatologist to look at my body and maybe prescribe some creams or what not. I'd even consider seeing a family practice physician if they could just help me. I feel like dermatology is in this area is as bad as plastic surgery here.

I live in the Long Beach area and I work in Santa Ana/Tustin border off of I-5. I'd consider pretty much anyone in the general OC area within a 15-20 mile radius of my work to the south (Mission Viejo would be as far south as I would go and probably La Mirada or La Habra to the north), and anywhere near my home (Lakewood, Cerritos, Cypress, Bellflower, Downey, Whittier, Seal Beach, Los Alamitos, Huntington Beach, Westminster, Garden Grove) and the South Bay (Carson,Torrance,RPV,PVE, Redondo or Manhattan) are fine as well.

Thanks and sorry that got so long!

PunkyBoo
07-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Sent you a PM!