PDA

View Full Version : does anyone want to do an update thread?

megs4413
07-17-2013, 05:04 PM
I was just thinking maybe everyone could give a little blurb about them and how they're doing. sorta like a roll call but with more info. anyone up for it?

I'll start.

I'm 6mos now with #3. My HG is much improved (though not gone) and I'm thankful for that. most recent u/s had baby over 1lb which is exciting and we are hitting viability which makes me really happy. :) I still cannot commit to a name. I think it's going to be a last minute thing after she's born. Hopefully I won't have any regrets....I am having increased heart problems (ended up inducing with my son because of it) and I'm going through some tests over the next couple weeks for that. Really hoping to get some good news there. I am HUGE, but I haven't gained any weight yet. I'm -37 right now. I am prepping a bit and shopping by like one bargain a week. Overall, doing good and feeling hopeful. It's so nice when you hit viability, IMO. I am setting myself mini-goals and will hit my next one in 12 days. I think breaking it up into smaller chunks is helping me mentally since I'm still mostly on bedrest and feeling bad.

Here is a pic of the ridiculousness that is my belly right now. Those are our recently bought school supplies in the background, please excuse them.

specialp
07-17-2013, 05:31 PM
Not pg here, but just wanted to say that is an adorable baby bump. I was on modified bedrest last year and I know how stressful that is, esp. when you feel like there is so much to do. I had a list with deadlines/milestones, too. It does really help. You're doing great and look great!

petesgirl
07-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Oh, the belly is adorable!! My update is that I'm 9 weeks and pretty much feeling like crap a lot. :) also my regular clothes don't fit anymore but I can't quite make myself break out the maternity stuff yet so I wear DH's gym shorts around the house. The good news is that my birthday is tomorrow and my mom wants to take me shopping for maternity clothes so maybe that will get me a little more excited!!

flashy09
07-17-2013, 07:19 PM
I just had my 12 week scan and all was good! My Panorama test came back normal and we are having another girl! I am feeling less tired and back to normal now and happy to have a healthy baby girl!

Here is her scan picture

megs4413
07-17-2013, 07:42 PM
I just had my 12 week scan and all was good! My Panorama test came back normal and we are having another girl! I am feeling less tired and back to normal now and happy to have a healthy baby girl!

Here is her scan picture

oh the picture is great! what a nice shot! Congrats on the healthy girl! wonderful news!!!!

Philly Mom
07-17-2013, 08:41 PM
Your belly is beautiful. Love it.

I am 23 weeks+. Feeling better than I did but not sleeping well which is awful. My bladder is small when not pregnant and just awful when pregnant. I am up every two hours. Ugh. Oh well. It is preparation for when DD2 arrives. Otherwise, I am soaking up as much of DD1 as I can because it will change so soon.

TxCat
07-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Love the belly pic - so cute! And adorable scan picture, flashy!

I will be 36 weeks on Friday. I feel huge and AM huge, at least belly wise. Soon-to-be DD#2 is frank breech and head, hands, feet are all contained in the upper half of my uterus - she is not remotely engaged in the pelvis at all. So basically, I'm carrying high and the belly is enormous. I feel like my belly button has been an outie for almost 20 weeks now - I'm worried it will never go back! Lots of really small meals now - it feels like there is no room left for my stomach. I've been having twice weekly OB and MFM visits since 33 weeks due to my unexplained elevated AFP levels in the 2nd trimester, and so far everything has been looking good - baby active, growing well, and fluid generally ok (borderline low occasionally). Nursery is finally starting to come together - moved up the crib mattress, ordered newborn diapers, started washing DD1's old baby clothes, blankets, and sheets (and purchased a few new things - couldn't help myself!), and hung pictures. Also have started packing my hospital bag. C-section (repeat, breech) scheduled for Aug. 12 - it's all starting to feel real finally! Like PhillyMom, I'm just trying to soak up time with DD1 right now and to enjoy our last few weeks as a family of 3.

TwoBees
07-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Hello there! I'm just at 16 weeks now and still cautiously nervous because of my history. Trying to enjoy the pregnancy as best as I can though. We will be having the anatomy scan within the next 4 weeks and I cannot wait! DH is more superstitious than I am and doesn't want me to register or buy anything right now, so we're really in a holding pattern. I know he won't talk about names until we find out the gender, so I'm keeping my lists to myself. :) And trying to stay cool in this awful heat!

I don't have a belly bump photo, I should probably take one!

(Oh, and we're also sort of house-hunting, so, you know, life is busy. :D)

sarahsthreads
07-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Love the belly bump photo, I really need to have DH take one of mine! I think you look great!

I'm 34 weeks today. Just another 3-6 weeks before I get to meet this little guy, which is both too long and too soon! I'm kind of stressed about the fact that at the moment there's an empty dresser and a disassembled crib in the baby's room, along with patched but not painted walls - well, except for the splotch of test paint I put on two weeks ago. And are no free days for DH to do the painting until (at the earliest) two weeks from now. I realize in the grand scheme of life it's not *that* important for the room to be done (after all, baby's staying in our room for the first little while) but you know, crazy hormonal pregnant woman here. It's that important. ;)

My "sprinkle"/shower thing is this weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to at least be washing and prepping some bedding and clothes next week! (I did pull out the most gender neutral things I could find that was left from the girls - not much - and washed those a whole month ago.)

Also hoping to get my "completer" coupon from BRU soon because I *really* need to go buy a car seat!

I could do without the massive heartburn, and it has been BRUTALLY hot here this week, but overall I'm feeling pretty good. With DD1 I had been on bed rest for a couple of weeks by this point, and with DD2 my blood pressure was creeping up by now, but so far with this pregnancy (fingers crossed) everything is looking good.

Sarah :)

georgiegirl
07-18-2013, 02:04 PM
36 weeks here and I feel absolutely HUGE!!! Today I went to Target and bought post partum pads and a few other baby essentials. I'm finally eligible for my amazon registry completion discount, so I will probably place that order today or tomorrow. We have no name, not even a short list of names. We haven't even discussed names seriously. I'm horribly irritable and yell at my kids all of the time; it's partly their fault because they don't like to listen to me. It is also super hot and humid here. Im also stressed because I'm due the second day of DD's second grade and a brand new school. I'm worried about missing the open house, where she can meet her teacher and tour the school. I also don't want to miss her first day. I'm kind of hoping to go a few days late and have the baby on the weekend of the 17-18, so we can get through the first week of school. Sorry to complain so much.

But the kids are super excited to meet their baby brother, and DH seems excited too.

marymoo86
07-18-2013, 02:30 PM
29 weeks and dealing with pregnancy sciatica and possibly mild PTSD j/k. I had 2 back surgeries before getting pregnancy with DD1 so I was freaking out a bit about something happening while now pregnant with DD2. Turns out it is sacrum/baby related. Have a wonderful chiro that has made my life so much better. Otherwise doing as well as I can in the heat running after an active toddler :heartbeat:

Here's me @ 24 weeks.

gymnbomb
07-18-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm new to this -- 7 weeks with our first. Feeling pretty good, though it definitely comes and goes. Had first ultrasound this week and all is well as far as we can tell.

megs4413
07-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Also hoping to get my "completer" coupon from BRU soon because I *really* need to go buy a car seat!

You're getting so close, Sarah! I'm glad things are going pretty well all things considered. I hope the sprinkle is lovely. :) What is the completer coupon? I keep hearing about it, but I don't know what it is.

36 weeks here and I feel absolutely HUGE!!! Today I went to Target and bought post partum pads and a few other baby essentials. I'm finally eligible for my amazon registry completion discount, so I will probably place that order today or tomorrow. We have no name, not even a short list of names. We haven't even discussed names seriously. I'm horribly irritable and yell at my kids all of the time; it's partly their fault because they don't like to listen to me. It is also super hot and humid here. Im also stressed because I'm due the second day of DD's second grade and a brand new school. I'm worried about missing the open house, where she can meet her teacher and tour the school. I also don't want to miss her first day. I'm kind of hoping to go a few days late and have the baby on the weekend of the 17-18, so we can get through the first week of school. Sorry to complain so much.

Girl I am not as far as you and I'm ready to complain all day long. Don't even worry about it! You are brave to hope to go late! I hope the baby takes it easy on you!

megs4413
07-18-2013, 04:45 PM
29 weeks and dealing with pregnancy sciatica and possibly mild PTSD j/k.

Oh no sciatica! good thing you have a great chiro! I tell you what, being pregnant in the heat is for the birds! I feel bad for my mom who delivered both of hers in July. It's brutal! your belly pic is great!

I'm new to this -- 7 weeks with our first. Feeling pretty good, though it definitely comes and goes. Had first ultrasound this week and all is well as far as we can tell.

Congratulations!!!

sarahsthreads
07-19-2013, 08:29 AM
You're getting so close, Sarah! I'm glad things are going pretty well all things considered. I hope the sprinkle is lovely. :) What is the completer coupon? I keep hearing about it, but I don't know what it is.

I'm not sure how it works for the other stores, but BRU sends you a coupon 6-8 weeks before your due date that's a one-time use coupon and can be used on anything/everything that's still on your registry (so, you can buy one thing, or a few, or all the things left). I don't think it excludes any brands (unlike their regular coupons.) I can't remember, though, how much the store employee said the coupon would be for. (Where's the sheepish smiley?)

marymoo86
07-19-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm not sure how it works for the other stores, but BRU sends you a coupon 6-8 weeks before your due date that's a one-time use coupon and can be used on anything/everything that's still on your registry (so, you can buy one thing, or a few, or all the things left). I don't think it excludes any brands (unlike their regular coupons.) I can't remember, though, how much the store employee said the coupon would be for. (Where's the sheepish smiley?)

Think the completer coupons are 10% and I *think* my store let me combine a 20% coupon on the largest $ item too.

ncat
07-19-2013, 01:37 PM
DS2 - due in early July - finally arrived in mid-July. Because he looked good on all of the monitoring (ultrasounds and non-stress tests), I skipped the first scheduled induction and went into labor spontaneously a few days later. I had a short labor and an uncomplicated delivery with just enough time for an epidural. He is a healthy 10+ lb little guy. DH fought the hospital pediatrician to avoid formula introduction (apparently big babies have low blood sugar) and nursing is going really well so far. Both his older siblings are completely smitten.

megs4413
07-19-2013, 01:40 PM
DS2 - due in early July - finally arrived in mid-July. Because he looked good on all of the monitoring (ultrasounds and non-stress tests), I skipped the first scheduled induction and went into labor spontaneously a few days later. I had a short labor and an uncomplicated delivery with just enough time for an epidural. He is a healthy 10+ lb little guy. DH fought the hospital pediatrician to avoid formula introduction (apparently big babies have low blood sugar) and nursing is going really well so far. Both his older siblings are completely smitten.

way to go, Mama! Congratulations!

georgiegirl
07-19-2013, 01:59 PM

Congrats! Good for you for standing your ground with not getting induced and not introducing formula. (I'm not anti-formula by any means but it really annoys me when doctors say, " baby need formula because he's so small," and alternatively, "baby needs formula because he's so big.")

sarahsthreads
07-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Yay! Congratulations! My kids are the same ages as yours within a couple of months, so it's wonderful to hear your older DC are smitten. Enjoy those baby snuggles! :)

Nemesia
07-19-2013, 03:15 PM

Congratulations!!

scrooks
07-19-2013, 06:41 PM

did they take your DS's sugar levels? My DS has been on an iv for 48 hours due to low blood sugar. We have been fighting like mad to get him off but they won't let him wean off it until my milk comes in (could still be another few days) or give him some formula. I was crying in the nicu today but we decided to just get him home we need to give him formula. This thread is making me sad because unless I want him in the nicu for another several days I have absolutely no choice but to offer some formula (I will continue to nurse as well).

ncat
07-19-2013, 07:16 PM
scrooks - yes they checked DS's blood sugar levels so many times that both of his little heels were covered with band-aids. It was initially 27 but rapidly climbed to 37 then above 40. One thing they were looking for is that it was stable for ~2hrs after a feeding.

We had the same issue with DS1 - he was almost as big at birth, and DH had the same fight with the same hospital pediatrician. I don't think they did as much follow up monitoring, but they had what seemed like a 2hr stand-off in the nursery while I waited in the recovery wondering what had happened to my family. DD was also big, but under 9 lbs and born at a different hospital and no one was concerned about or checked her blood sugar.

megs4413
07-19-2013, 07:17 PM
did they take your DS's sugar levels? My DS has been on an iv for 48 hours due to low blood sugar. We have been fighting like mad to get him off but they won't let him wean off it until my milk comes in (could still be another few days) or give him some formula. I was crying in the nicu today but we decided to just get him home we need to give him formula. This thread is making me sad because unless I want him in the nicu for another several days I have absolutely no choice but to offer some formula (I will continue to nurse as well).

I may be way out of line here and if so, I apologize. Give him the formula and go home. There are worse things. You won't screw your supply if you have a pump. The formula won't poison him. Just try to let go of the stress you can. HUGS!

scrooks
07-19-2013, 07:20 PM
I may be way out of line here and if so, I apologize. Give him the formula and go home. There are worse things. You won't screw your supply if you have a pump. The formula won't poison him. Just try to let go of the stress you can. HUGS!
Thanks for saying that because that is where we are at. He will be getting formula and getting nursed. I just want to go home!

Ncat- I guess my ds's levels were less stable. He was a 27 then a 50 something but then dropped back to a 22 and that's what got him sent to the nicu.

Philly Mom
07-19-2013, 07:26 PM

I agree 110%. Lots of people give formula in the hospital and have very successful BF relationships, my SIL included who gave formula every night she was there so she could sleep and recover better. DN was then exclusively nursed for 6 months until SIL ENT back to work and couldn't pump enough not to also supplement.

scrooks
07-19-2013, 07:30 PM
I agree 110%. Lots of people give formula in the hospital and have very successful BF relationships, my SIL included who gave formula every night she was there so she could sleep and recover better. DN was then exclusively nursed for 6 months until SIL ENT back to work and couldn't pump enough not to also supplement.
Also glad to hear this! I am really pro breast feeding and I hope he will end up nursing well once we get him home!

ncat
07-19-2013, 08:48 PM
scrooks - I hope that you and your DS get to go home soon! I am sure that we would choose to let them give formula in your situation.

DH was very frustrated because for both DS1 and 2, the hospital staff essentially decided to give formula with no explanation or discussion. With DS1 DH was caught by complete surprise. For DS2, he was prepared for it. I was happy with the end compromise - monitoring and some information about what they were looking for. But, I did not like being left out of the decision making process.

scrooks
07-20-2013, 04:07 AM
The irony of all this is that I am waking up to giant rock hard boobies.... Guess what has arrived!:applause:

georgiegirl
07-20-2013, 07:44 AM
The irony of all this is that I am waking up to giant rock hard boobies.... Guess what has arrived!:applause:

Great news! Happy nursing!

sarahsthreads
08-05-2013, 08:01 AM
OK, 36 weeks + 4 here. Starting to get nervous, and excited, and even more nervous. I feel like I have until the end of this week to get anything done that I feel NEEDS to be done and then I'll be a ticking time bomb. ;) (Of course, the rest of the world takes one look at my ginormous belly and thinks I'm already a ticking time bomb. I've stopped telling people it could be another 4 weeks or so because the looks of horror are a bit unsettling.)

I had an NST and an ultrasound last Friday - baby looks great and is head-down (phew!) - and I got a sneak peak at his tiny little face with the 4d(?) ultrasound. :heartbeat: The tech was astounded at how much hair he already has - this explains the heartburn! (And how can they even *see* that level of detail?!?) He apparently already weighs more than DD2 did at birth (she was 6 lbs, 5 oz) and so I really, really hope he decides to arrive sooner rather than later because I've had two tiny peanuts and can't wrap my head around the idea of a baby that goes straight to 0-3 month clothing instead of spending weeks in newborn sizes...then again, I'm nowhere near ready, so he can't arrive too soon... ;)

I'm feeling quite a bit less anxious after all those tests, so now I'm trying to settle in and enjoy these last days of being pregnant for (I assume) the last time.

georgiegirl
08-05-2013, 08:30 AM
I can finally say that I'm due next week!!! We had a super busy weekend, and this week is pretty packed. I'm not allowed to into labor until Friday, since DH isn't off until then and on Thursday he will be the only one at the clinic that's an hour away. I have constant painless Braxton hicks contractions and some occasional menstrual-like cramps, but nothing major. With DS I started having prodromal labor at this point.

TwoBees
08-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Catching up after several days away from the board.

Congrats on your little one and congrats on the milk! :D

Congrats!!

shawnandangel
08-05-2013, 11:53 PM
36 weeks tomorrow. We have an OB appointment in the AM and then a doula/midwife checkup on Thursday. In the process of getting things washed. We need to put the carseat in the car and pack a hospital bag. Other than that we are enjoying our last days as a family of 3 and looking forward to becoming a family of 4.

sarahsthreads
08-06-2013, 08:12 AM
36 weeks tomorrow. We have an OB appointment in the AM and then a doula/midwife checkup on Thursday. In the process of getting things washed. We need to put the carseat in the car and pack a hospital bag. Other than that we are enjoying our last days as a family of 3 and looking forward to becoming a family of 4.

Totally need to pack my hospital bag! I had a good couple hour's worth of contractions late last night that almost had me convinced it was true labor and all I could think about was that NOTHING I want to bring with me to wear in the hospital, or to wear back home, or any sort of "coming home" outfit, is clean. Guess what I'm spending today doing? :)

There are going to be lots more new babies here in the next couple of weeks. How exciting!

georgiegirl
08-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Sarah, I'm guessing we will have our babies around the same time. I think I packed my hospital bag around 2 weeks ago. I'm kind of freaking out now because baby could arrive at any time and I'm just not ready. (Im ready not to be pregnant anymore, but im freaked out to have a newborn again.). We have an ENT appointment for DS on Thursday afternoon, and I think he will need to have his tonsils and adenoids out (we are thinking sleep apnea), and I'm so not looking forward to surgery on a 4 year old and dealing with a newborn. I wish I had done this 6 months ago. I hope I can hold out another 1.5 weeks, so I can see DD through her first week of school. I'm probably the only person wishing I'd go past my due date. I've come this far, so I know I can handle another 1.5 weeks.

sarahsthreads
08-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Sarah, I'm guessing we will have our babies around the same time. I think I packed my hospital bag around 2 weeks ago. I'm kind of freaking out now because baby could arrive at any time and I'm just not ready. (Im ready not to be pregnant anymore, but im freaked out to have a newborn again.). We have an ENT appointment for DS on Thursday afternoon, and I think he will need to have his tonsils and adenoids out (we are thinking sleep apnea), and I'm so not looking forward to surgery on a 4 year old and dealing with a newborn. I wish I had done this 6 months ago. I hope I can hold out another 1.5 weeks, so I can see DD through her first week of school. I'm probably the only person wishing I'd go past my due date. I've come this far, so I know I can handle another 1.5 weeks.

I'm totally right there with you on being ready to not be pregnant but freaking out about the newborn thing. I honestly feel like I've completely forgotten everything about nursing and diapers and infant care in general... Oh, and so much for getting my bag packed today, I barely managed to get a load of my own laundry through. I'm also having a (minor, first-world) crisis because between the growth scan I had last Friday and my midwife's best guess, this baby is already 6.5 pounds. That's bigger than DD2 was at birth, and only a few ounces less than DD1 was. I'm used to growing tiny babies, but this one apparently has other ideas. So the (small) pile of newborn clothing I'd been collecting might never get used - and the outfit I wanted to bring him home in is (of course) newborn sized. I bought it long enough ago that I'm pretty sure I'm not getting it in a 0-3 month size at this point. So I have no idea which clothes to take tags off of and wash, or what to put in the hospital bag, or anything else. I guess I should just wash all the 0-3 month clothes and pick something. Maybe I'll wash that one newborn outfit and if it turns out he never wears it...donate it?

And as far as due dates, we start school later (after labor day) but yeah, if this baby decides to be late he'd better be an entire week and change late so I can at least get DD2 off on the bus for her first day or two of kindergarten! Hopefully if your DS does need surgery it will at least be after the initial "shock and awe" of the brand new baby wears off!

mikala
08-07-2013, 12:41 AM
So I have no idea which clothes to take tags off of and wash, or what to put in the hospital bag, or anything else. I guess I should just wash all the 0-3 month clothes and pick something. Maybe I'll wash that one newborn outfit and if it turns out he never wears it...donate it?

Fwiw, my babies were both in the upper 7 lb range and still wore Nb clothes for a few weeks. They wore some 0 to 3 clothing but it was mostly too big so your outfit might work after all.

boogiemomz
08-08-2013, 07:40 PM
So fun to read everyone's updates! Some of you are getting so close!! :bighand: And congrats to scrooks, Txcat, and spannaz on the new little ones!!

17 weeks here. Getting headaches nearly every day, hoping they will subside soon. But I scheduled my anatomy u/s for 2 weeks from today, so I have something to look forward to soon!! CAN'T WAIT to find out what we've got in there. :)

flashy09
08-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Mine is kind of boring as I am only 15.5 weeks, but I can say I am feeling much better! OMG I have never been more tired in my life than that first trimester. It was as bad as when I had Mono! Just getting over a cold, been in a hotel for 3 weeks due to house remodeling, in the middle of the Pony Finals and I still feel so much better.

I am so much bigger this time though. My bump is about 8 weeks ahead of last time!

DualvansMommy
08-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Love hearing everyone's wonderful updates so far!

I'm halfway 17 weeks now & just returned from my monthly OB-Gyn appt earlier this morning. Heard the wonderful heartbeat...it was going at 154, started to feel flutterings but often times not too sure as I'm always running around with my toddler! Hope to feel this baby moving real soon...

Will go back next month & week after I'll have had my Anatomy scan.

Cate

sarahsthreads
08-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Love hearing the heartbeat, it's so reassuring!

37 weeks + 4 today. We all went mini-golfing over the weekend, which I sort of hoped would get things in gear, but despite the hilarious contortions I had to go through to put the ball on the little tee mat and pick it up after I'd finally get it in the hole, this little guy is apparently not ready to meet the world yet. ;)

I think I've cursed myself - I now feel like we're as ready as we can be. The car seat base is installed in the car. The nursery is (pretty much) done. The crib is assembled. The hospital bag is packed. The house is even (sort of) clean-ish. Plus we got all the school supplies and some back-to-school clothes. Watch him wait until he's forcibly evicted at 42 weeks now! :wink2:

megs4413
08-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Isn't that always the way, Sarah?

I got a bunch of great news over the last few weeks. I do not have GD! I was so sure I would this time, but nope! A huge relief! The placenta previa officially resolved. another huge relief! baby was positioned badly (low and transverse) which was causing me a lot of pain and contractions, but she finally moved head down and has STAYED that way so I am OFF BED REST! The fluid around my heart finally went back within normal limits for the first time in more than 6 months. HUGE RELIEF! I put on my first pound. I can't say I'm hugely relieved, since it's nice to lose weight, but it means i'm headed in the right direction so oh well. I'm still down 37lbs overall. I am still on the heart monitor 24 hrs/day but could get paroled early today if the tests came back conclusively. I am anxious to know what's going on with my arrhythmia so I'm hoping I don't need more time on the monitor and will just get to hear a diagnosis today. I am also hoping that the diagnosis isn't so bad...

all in all, things have improved greatly and I am very, very relieved and thankful. We finally started genuinely shopping for the baby. Bought all of her furniture yesterday and her bedding. It feels good to be prepping to bring her home. here's hoping for a smoother ride to the finish line!

boogiemomz
08-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Wonderful update, Megs!! So happy for you! :yay: :bighand:

And Sarah, at least you are totally prepared! That has to be a nice feeling, even if you have to wait a little while longer. Better that than having to rush in to deliver when your house is a disaster, nursery/carseat/other gear isn't ready, etc, right? :) I envy you. I feel like I have the Earth to move before we're anywhere near ready! (Granted we're only about 18wks, but still!)

georgiegirl
08-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Great news Megs! Here's hoping you can actually enjoy some of your pregnancy!

Not much going on here. I'm due on Thursday, and while nothing major is going on, I feel like I could go into labor at any moment. I had a bunch of prodromal labor with DS, so I'm just wondering why it hasn't happened yet. Other than the fact that we cannot agree on a name, we are ready. But I'd like for him to hang out until DD starts school on Wednesday and DH gives his lecture on Wednesday evening (at a hospital 45 minutes away...yikes!). The funny thing is that I feel pretty good and I don't have those feelings of "I'm going to be pregnant forever" or "why can I just go into labor already" like I had with my first two. I'm perfectly content waiting until the weekend.

sarahsthreads
08-12-2013, 01:14 PM
What great news, Megs! I hope the rest of this pregnancy is as smooth and uneventful as possible so you can relax and enjoy!

And believe me, being prepared this early is *so* not my norm, but with school starting for both big kids five days after my due date I felt like I needed to be ready. It's going to be a hard transition for both girls - one starting in an entirely new building for fourth grade, the other starting all day school for the first time, both getting a brand new sibling - and having a frantic, frazzled, unprepared mom would just push us all right over the edge. At least this way I can spend the next however many days before baby comes focusing entirely on them and making some fun memories (or, as fun as we can considering how quickly I get tired these days.)

boogiemomz
08-12-2013, 03:08 PM
And believe me, being prepared this early is *so* not my norm, but with school starting for both big kids five days after my due date I felt like I needed to be ready. It's going to be a hard transition for both girls - one starting in an entirely new building for fourth grade, the other starting all day school for the first time, both getting a brand new sibling - and having a frantic, frazzled, unprepared mom would just push us all right over the edge. At least this way I can spend the next however many days before baby comes focusing entirely on them and making some fun memories (or, as fun as we can considering how quickly I get tired these days.)

Way to go, Mama!! :bighand: Reading this makes ME feel vicariously more relaxed about things. :) I'm going to flag this and come back to it for inspiration in December! I would so love to enjoy the holidays with my family of 3 instead of running around panicking about things not being ready!

bisous
08-12-2013, 04:02 PM
Oh wow. I love the updates! Megs, I want to cry for joy for you. You've been through SO much, this seems so, so much better! Sarah, being prepared early is awesome. Now you can just play and relax and (try) to sleep before that baby comes! I'm sure the kids will benefit from you not being frantic to get everything ready for baby. Stacey, I'm sure we'll hear an announcement any day. How exciting!

TwoBees
08-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Love love love the updates! I hope to see some birth stories posted soon! :D Megs, YAY for the good news! :cheerleader1:

We had our Level 2 anatomy ultrasound on Monday. Sooo much detail, is a Level 2 different than a regular anatomy ultrasound, or has technology improved that much in 4 years? Everything looks good so far although I will be having a fetal echo in about a month that will tell us more about the baby's heart. Very nervous about that. I have a routine OB appointment on Friday and we'll see what they say...they're having me come every 2 weeks now, mostly so they can keep an eye on my blood pressure (even though I monitor it myself regularly).

bisous
08-13-2013, 09:49 PM
I forgot to add my own update. I just took the 1 hr GTT and passed with flying colors. I think it is weird that I'm passing this easier with increasing age and subsequent pregnancies and I really don't feel like I"ve been eating all that healthily during this pregnancy. I've been so busy and was so sick in the first trimester. I just had the stomach flu and drank ginger ale (I NEVER drink soda) and I wonder if that's why the glucola wasn't such a shock?? That said, my a1c came back in the "normal" range, but on the high side. I want to say it was 5.5? So I am a little concerned about that. I'm going to post a thread about a1cs in the lounge.

sarahsthreads
08-13-2013, 11:23 PM
We had our Level 2 anatomy ultrasound on Monday. Sooo much detail, is a Level 2 different than a regular anatomy ultrasound, or has technology improved that much in 4 years?

I think the technology has changed a *ton* in the past four or five years - and compared to NINE years ago it's like the difference between those dial-up modems you used to have to stick your phone handset into and today's wireless high speed internet. Why yes, I did just date myself. ;) I had a growth scan a couple of weeks ago and the ultrasound tech used the 4d (it is 4d, right?) scanner at one point and she could tell that this little guy has a full head of hair. (Actually, she was astounded at just how much hair - and considering that all she does all day long is ultrasounds on pregnant women, that's a little disconcerting!)

I forgot to add my own update. I just took the 1 hr GTT and passed with flying colors. I think it is weird that I'm passing this easier with increasing age and subsequent pregnancies and I really don't feel like I"ve been eating all that healthily during this pregnancy. I've been so busy and was so sick in the first trimester. I just had the stomach flu and drank ginger ale (I NEVER drink soda) and I wonder if that's why the glucola wasn't such a shock?? That said, my a1c came back in the "normal" range, but on the high side. I want to say it was 5.5? So I am a little concerned about that. I'm going to post a thread about a1cs in the lounge.

I passed the one-hour with DD2 but not with DD1 or DS. I do think that what you've been eating can affect it - with DD1 I had been following a low-carb diet before becoming pregnant and hadn't really changed much about that while pregnant, so not a lot of refined sugar in my everyday diet. This time around I can barely tolerate ANYTHING sweet. DD2? It's not like I was eating chocolate cake and donuts every day, but I had my fair share of sugary things while pregnant with her. I don't think I had a test that measured a1c levels - or if I did, the levels must have been normal because nobody said anything to me about it - so I can't help you there. :shrug: But I'm glad you passed the 1 hour test - I wouldn't wish the 3 hour on anybody!