PDA

View Full Version : City Mini or Joovy Ultralight (sit & stand)??

sassycas
07-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi! I'm due with my second child soon and can't make up my mind whether I want the side by side or sit and stand options.My first son will be 3.5 and only rides in the stroller on and off as it is. Because I have the chicco keyfit carseat, and size and weight are a priority to me, I've narrowed it down to the Baby Jogger City Mini and the Joovy Ultralight. Here are my thoughts concerns with each:

Joovy

Pros - Very narrow and light. Toddler has the ability to get on and off and has a "big boy seat"

Cons - No room to sit at all while infant seat is on the front, can get on and off easily (which is pro AND con), no backrest, not very comfy or conducive to relaxing

City Mini

Pros - Full comfortable seats for both kids, larger sun canopies, can take on light jogs (i know its not a jogger, but I only do light jogs on pavement and think I could get away with it)

Cons - Bigger, older son might not use the other seat very often, seats are at slight incline which I'm not sure my son would like

SO they both have benefits and drawbacks. Anyone else struggled with this situation or have experience with one or both of these strollers? Any help would be much appreciated!!!

monalua
07-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Congrats on your 2nd little one on the way! We've just gone through double stroller shopping as our 2nd was born in March. My son was almost 3 when she was born. Main thing I've learned is that there really is no perfect stroller lol. It really depends on what you'd use it for most. I've hear great things about the Joovu Ultralight and at 3.5 your son might not ride much anyway so it could be a good option. I really don't like how reclined the seats are in the City Mini Double (neither does my son). I guess it depends on how much you think your son would ride, if it's often the City Mini with the full seat would be better of course. We have finally ended up with the Valco Zee Two, it's a lightweight side-by-side with much more upright seats, there are optional air tires for the back wheels too. You could always wait and see how your son does too, we didn't really do any long days out in the beginning so didn't need a stroller at first. I have a Bob revo single which I love and use for jogging. Now I take it for outings too. My son walks and mu daughter rides, if he gets really tired he rides in the footwell. Or I wear my daughter in the Ergo (her fav place to nap) and my son can ride. Often I'm just pushing an empty stroller with my son walking and my daughter in the Ergo lol. At least I have a place to put all our stuff. We also have a snap and go for qucik trips. You never know at your son's age you might not even need a double - unless for jogging. Good luck!!