PDA

View Full Version : favorite places to shop for outfits for work?

sweetheart82
07-18-2013, 11:27 PM
I've been shopping at white house black market, ann taylor, banana republic and j crew for work, but I wondered if there were any other go-to shops that you prefer. I love the white house black market black book membership (free shipping and 5% discount). Is there any other websites that you like? Thanks!

sntm
07-18-2013, 11:44 PM
I love the Halogen pieces at Nordstrom

boolady
07-19-2013, 10:44 AM
I get almost all of my work clothes at Nordstrom, with an occasional item from Lord & Taylor.

hillview
07-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Nordstrom's -- even getting a personal shopper and giving her a budget works super well.

arivecchi
07-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Piperlime and Boden these days. I have lots from Saks too but don't shop there anymore,

nupe
07-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Banana republic, Nordstrom/Rack, 6pm, Boden.

PunkyBoo
07-19-2013, 12:39 PM
I've loved the pants from Express and have even gotten some great tops and cardigans there too. They have good sales and coupons as well.

pomegranate
07-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Nordstrom, J Crew, Ann Taylor, BR and along the lines of AT, Loft too.

twowhat?
07-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack is the only one I can think off to add to your list. For work clothes I really need to shop in person or from a store that has easy (return in store and store is convenient) or free returns.

I've been doing better with BR and J Crew in store lately! Last time I was in BR I got a nice work-appropriate wrap dress and the last time I was in J Crew I got a whole 3-piece suit ensemble for just under $200! And all those stores (AT and LOFT included) always seem to have a ton of work trousers on the sale racks in store. J Crew always seems to have work-appropriate wool dresses in store on their sale racks (though the challenge is scoring the right size).

crl
07-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is going on now. :)

Catherine

momtoonegirl
07-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Most of my staple pieces are from Ann Taylor and Banana Republic, with a few items from Nordstrom and Macy's.

Nooknookmom
07-20-2013, 11:51 PM
I love the Halogen pieces at Nordstrom

When I was in real estate I had a few of the halogen and LOVED them. Great sales too!

sweetheart82
07-21-2013, 01:14 AM
thank you for your suggestions.

I forgot about Nordstrom and the Rack. thanks for the reminder. :)

Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack is the only one I can think off to add to your list. For work clothes I really need to shop in person or from a store that has easy (return in store and store is convenient) or free returns.

I've been doing better with BR and J Crew in store lately! Last time I was in BR I got a nice work-appropriate wrap dress and the last time I was in J Crew I got a whole 3-piece suit ensemble for just under $200! And all those stores (AT and LOFT included) always seem to have a ton of work trousers on the sale racks in store. J Crew always seems to have work-appropriate wool dresses in store on their sale racks (though the challenge is scoring the right size).

I can relate with finding good sales recently at BR and J Crew. I bought my favorite suit separates at BR for around 40% off.

Most of my staple pieces are from Ann Taylor and Banana Republic, with a few items from Nordstrom and Macy's.

Thank you for the suggestion about Macy's. The local ones don't offer as much, but I'll check online.

When I was in real estate I had a few of the halogen and LOVED them. Great sales too!

I'll need to check out halogen & Nordstrom online.

Thanks again for the list of stores to add to my current go-to places.