PDA

View Full Version : Ovulation pain worse after childbirth?

Melaine
07-19-2013, 02:33 PM
I googled this and found some info, curious what you guys have to say. I'm only on my 3rd cycle since DS was born. I do have pretty rough periods in general. Last month I had some really bad pain around ovulation time. I actually didn't pin in to ovulation....but thought it might have been a cyst. Then right before AF I had several days of severe pain which I think were digestive....just mentioning it though.

Anyway, it's confusing bc AF came early but this is day 19 if you count from Day 1 or Day 14 if it is getting back on track, so to speak. YEsterday and today I am having dull but strong aches around my left side and my lower back on the left is killing me. Also a tiny dot of brown spotting. Does this sound like ovulation. I am slightly worried about implantation spotting....but I read folks can have ovulation spotting, right.

Anyone just had a few bad cycles after first pp AF?? I'm just not sure what is going on.

pinay
07-19-2013, 03:52 PM
I just started my 3rd cycle yesterday (DD2 is 10 1/2 months) and its been brutal. I do remember feeling quite a bit of discomfort during ovulation a few weeks ago, but I don't remember experiencing any spotting. My cycles have returned to their pre-pregnancy behavior pretty rapidly, I guess it's a bit of a blessing and a curse.

hillview
07-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Yes WAY worse O since childbirth!

citymama
07-19-2013, 07:41 PM
OMG, you too? In my case it is relatively recent - DD2 is now 3, and AF resumed when she was 13 months, so not exactly a post-partum thing.

I was doubled over in pain today and wondering if I should see a GYN right away! The pain is clearly ovulation related, on the left side and seems to skip a cycle. This tells me something is up with my left ovary. Are these cysts? Something to get seen about? I'm glad I am not the only one.

Reader
07-31-2013, 10:19 PM
Yes, though only after my 3rd, so I wonder if it has more to do with age.