PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller -- need experienced advice, please :)

j_erin121
07-19-2013, 10:05 PM
Hi all,
I am expecting a baby in one month. I have a daughter who will be 21 months old when the new baby is born. I am in the market for a double stroller. These are my criteria for a stroller:

1. Good for walks (my husband also jogs)
2. Will maneuver well through stores
3. Folds up fairly small in the trunk
4. Easy to get to fold up
5. Good storage underneath
6. Good views for both kiddos while riding (not just the seat in front of them)
7. Baby carrier attachment

Right now, I am looking at the Baby Jogger City Select with 2 seats or the BOB (or both if we just bite the bullet expense-wise). What do you all think? Are there others you would recommend?

Thanks!!

michmerr
07-28-2013, 09:04 PM
I am expecting and have a 2 year old and am basically debating between the city mini double GT or the BOB Revolution SE. So any advice out there, I would appreciate it as well.

petesgirl
07-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Ooh, I'm in the same boat. Sorry I can't help, OP, but I will be watching this thread.

Philly Mom
07-28-2013, 10:11 PM
My kids will be 6 months further apart and I think we will get the snap. I think it will tick a lot of boxes.

Hemlock
07-28-2013, 10:18 PM
I would rule out the City Select if your husband is looking for a stroller for jogging. I think a BOB Duallie would be a great choice for jogging and you just can't beat the push. For light jogging, you might want to consider the Bumbleride Indie.

PZMommy
07-28-2013, 11:09 PM
For jogging, the Bob Duallie, but it won't fit small in your trunk, and I would not want to use it to navigate stores. For me a BOB is strictly an outdoor stroller, and I would only put it in a trunk to take it to the zoo or an amusement park or a place like that. It is certainly not a stroller I would want to take in and our of my trunk for the malls or stores.

I had the City Select, and I really liked it. I wouldn't want to jog with it, but for neighborhood walks it was okay. I just used mine for the mall and stores and used a double jogging stroller for outside walks. You can't beat the storage on it and it has a lot of different configurations for arranging the seats.

I would also suggest the Bumbleride Indie twin. I think it would fit a lot of your criteria. The Baby Jogger GT would work too, but it isn't meant for jogging, just for walking.

Since you can't jog with a baby for awhile, maybe just start with one, and then get the jogger when the baby is old enough for jogging (typically around 6 to 8 months)???

abh5e8
07-29-2013, 12:22 AM
Hi all,
I am expecting a baby in one month. I have a daughter who will be 21 months old when the new baby is born. I am in the market for a double stroller. These are my criteria for a stroller:

1. Good for walks (my husband also jogs)
2. Will maneuver well through stores
3. Folds up fairly small in the trunk
4. Easy to get to fold up
5. Good storage underneath
6. Good views for both kiddos while riding (not just the seat in front of them)
7. Baby carrier attachment

Right now, I am looking at the Baby Jogger City Select with 2 seats or the BOB (or both if we just bite the bullet expense-wise). What do you all think? Are there others you would recommend?

Thanks!!

hmm...thats a tough list. i think numbers 1 and 2/3 are mutually exclusive :) i don't know of any strollers good for jogging/running that are also easy to maneuver in stores or fold up small for the trunk. (as i assume by stores you don't mean costco :)) city select may tick quite a few of your boxes...ok in stores, good storage, good views and baby carrier (i assume you mean carseat?) attachment. i'm not sure on the fold, either ease of or size of.

you might also consider a joovy ultralight ...its small enough for stores, folds pretty small, not too heavy, good storage and good views and takes an infant carseat. also, price is good, so you could also save/spring for a bob for outside walks and runs. i had a caboose and am considering an ultralight. its not good if your older dc wants/needs to nap in the stroller, but the jumpseat does have a 3 pt harness so they can sit and be strapped in. also you can put the infant car seat on the jumpseat part and put the 2 y/o up in the front seat which has the snack tray and slight recline.

for my first 2 dc (who were 21 months apart) i got a Phil &Ted sport double. i love it - did and still do. but, the fold is not that easy, its heavy and child in the back can't see much, so i'm not sure it would be a good option for you. we use it mostly for big outdoor type things...walks, parks, zoo, fair and such. i do keep it in my car but i drive a suburban, so i have tons of space. my older dc love the back seat and can climb in/out on their own. i like to put baby in teh back as they are kind of cozy and protected from strangers. it has air tires, which really help with pushing heavy loads. but we dont' use it for jogging or running...no hand break and small tires.

i'd look for a dedicated jogging/running stroller...we found an old baby jogger "twinner" on CL. it has a single piece frame, nice big wheels and super light weight. wonderful for running with!!!! (but terrible for stores and wont' fold for the car without disassembling the thing). but, it was cheap (like $75, ithink) and so worth it.

PZMommy
07-29-2013, 10:14 AM
The City Select is pretty easy to fold if you take the seats off the frame. It will fold pretty compactly that way. Or if you have both seats forward facing, you can fold it with both attached, but it is big and heavy that way. It takes two seconds to remove the seats, and the frame is a super easy fold. Pull up on a hinge on each side and it folds in half. It was one of the smallest double folding strollers because the seats were removable.

ebp913
07-29-2013, 10:23 AM
I think you are going to need 2 strollers. I would look for a used jogger to save some money. The BOB is the best and if you live in an area with a decent Craigslist, you could probably find one. I don't like the City Select myself because I felt like it was so long and hard to push but a lot of people do like them for all the seating options you get.

My 2 kids are 5mo and 21mo and we have a Duallie and a Bee with an Englacha Junior X Rider. It works awesome for us. I have the Duallie for walks and jogging and the Bee and X Rider stay in my car. I have a the option of a seat if I need DD contained or I can take it off and have a single if she is going to walk or my husband is with us.

What single strollers do you have now?