PDA

View Full Version : Pull ups for nap time?

momtoonegirl
07-20-2013, 09:40 AM
DS is daytime potty trained except for nap time. I would say he is dry about 50% at naps, or if he wakes up dry, he has an accident because he doesn't get to the potty afterward fast enough. The daycare suggested using a pull up at nap time. He uses pull ups only at night currently, so I don't want to confuse him or regress his training.

My instinct is to try it, but emphasize to the day care staff to only use them at nap time. I was wondering what others thoughts were on this? DS is almost 3, and reliably has been day trained without accidents except nap for about a month.

Thanks!

TxCat
07-20-2013, 02:32 PM
DD sounds like your DS -very rarely has daytime accidents, has been pretty reliably daytime trained since ate April/early May, except for sleep time. We just refer to pull-ups as her sleep time undies, she only gets pull-ups for sleeping, etc. So far so good, no confusion.

momtoonegirl
07-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Thanks! I'll send some pull ups with DS today at daycare and see how things go.

wendibird22
07-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Both my DDs wore pull ups for nap and bedtime for a while after being daytime trained. They never had any confusion or problem with it. DD1 took a long time to be dry while asleep but DD2 did not.

daisymommy
07-23-2013, 09:53 PM
My nearly 4 year old still wears a Pull Up for both nap and bedtime, and I have no problem with that. He is out cold when he sleeps, and fills a pull up. He's just not developed enough to wake up when he needs to go, or to hold it for 2 hours while he sleeps.

Sent from my iPad

123LuckyMom
07-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Well, I would ask the daycare if they will get him to the potty right before nap and immediately after, even if they have to wake him 5 minutes before the other kids to make sure he gets there in time. If that doesn't solve the problem, which I'm sure it will, then I'd do the pull-ups. I just don't like moving backwards, especially if the issue is the daycare schedule and not my kid.

carolinacool
07-24-2013, 04:19 PM
My nearly 4 year old still wears a Pull Up for both nap and bedtime, and I have no problem with that. He is out cold when he sleeps, and fills a pull up. He's just not developed enough to wake up when he needs to go, or to hold it for 2 hours while he sleeps.

I agree. DS, who is a smidge over 3.5, has been pee trained for about three months and pooped trained for about 3 weeks. But if he's sleeping, he's probably peeing. Our day care does a pull-up just for naps. And even though he doesn't always nap at home on the weekends, if he's looking tired, we put a pull-up on him. We haven't had any regression issues, either.