PDA

View Full Version : Six Flags roller coaster accident (sensitive)

♥ms.pacman♥
07-20-2013, 04:43 PM
This happened last night and is local to my area. I cannot believe it. Usually when i read about deaths/injuries at theme parks it turns out often the victim doing something wrong or not following rules (e.g. a teen trespassing where they shouldn't, or someone taking a safety belt off, whatever). but in this case, the lady did nothing wrong..she simply fell out during the ride. :( i guess the safety bar malfunctioned or something. her daughter and son-in-law were on the ride with her. i cannot imagine.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20130719-breaking-woman-dies-on-six-flags-texas-giant-roller-coaster.ece

zukeypur
07-20-2013, 04:49 PM
I hadn't heard any details today yet. So sad. :(.

kaharris83
07-20-2013, 04:49 PM
So awful. And she questioned the employees about her seat too. :(

wellyes
07-20-2013, 04:56 PM
That's awful. It sounds like employee error or safety bar malfunction.

what surprised me about the story was when it said two people were visibly upset when the car returned to the station (meaning her family members). I have a hard time imagining how anyone on that ride would not be stunned.

AngB
07-20-2013, 05:14 PM
On CNN there are reports that she questioned her safety restraint not clicking like everyone else's and the employees dismissed it.

I feel so bad for her family, horrible.

what surprised me about the story was when it said two people were visibly upset when the car returned to the station (meaning her family members). I have a hard time imagining how anyone on that ride would not be stunned.

I don't know where she was sitting on the ride but my guess is maybe they didn't realize what happened or were shocked?

Momit
07-20-2013, 05:23 PM
How awful. I can't even imagine her poor family members having to finish the ride then go look for her.

mom2khj
07-20-2013, 05:29 PM
That is so terrifying. I rode that coaster the year it opened. I hope they can get more answers as to how it happened to prevent things like this happening in the future. My prayers are with the family. :(

AngB
07-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Also, it seems kind of callous to me that 6 Flags stayed open last evening and again today, but that may be an overreaction on my part.

I have also read she had a 6 year old son sitting next to her on the ride.I really hope that is incorrect.

twowhat?
07-20-2013, 05:56 PM
I saw this yesterday and it's been bothering me all day:( I've ridden that coaster before, many times, and think that it should have over-the-shoulder harnesses instead of just a lap restraint:(

hellokitty
07-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Dh told me about this and I was horrified when he told me. I can't imagine what it would be like to fall out of a roller coaster and for family members to witness it. It's devestating and if its true that she questioned her belt/bar not working properly, it is even worse that she was blown off for something preventable.

ZeeBaby
07-20-2013, 08:12 PM
This must have been so awful. The article I read said her children were with her.