PDA

View Full Version : Any vacation spots with villas like Orlando?

happymom
07-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Last summer, we went to Orlando and rented a beautiful, spotless, modern villa with a private pool for $100 a night. We loved it! We really would like to do this again, but there are two problems with going to Orlando in August- 1. The heat!! 2. The plane tickets right now are $300+ each and this is a low budget vacation.

We would really go anywhere that had villas like this (at this price and with a pool) as long as the weather is better and either flights are cheaper or it's driveable (were in NY).

Any ideas? Or is this unique to Florida? We're not interested in cabins or cottages- we would really only want a modern house.

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
07-21-2013, 09:49 AM
Wow! $100/ night in August. That's a deal. I can think of some snazzy lake houses in places like Deep Creek, MD but to get a pool at one would be minimum $300/ night. Do you want to be close to anything in particular? Beach, parks, nature...?

randomkid
07-21-2013, 10:26 AM
I don't know about other places, but can you check VRBO? Can you let me know where the house was in Orlando and how you rented it/found out it about it? I'd be interested in that info.

happymom
07-21-2013, 10:51 AM
I don't know about other places, but can you check VRBO? Can you let me know where the house was in Orlando and how you rented it/found out it about it? I'd be interested in that info.

We stayed in davenport Orlando- it about 8-10 miles from Disney. I just searched on homeaway.com for villas that had pools (you can filter the search to be very specific) in Orlando. Then I looked only at villas that had good reviews. I looked at all the pictures and emailed the owners of the villas that looked good to me. Many villas state that the rates are about 150 a night plus taxes and cleaning fees. I emailed the owners that I wanted to spend $400 for 4 nights. Many owners replied that they were willing to go down in price. We ended up paying $400 plus $95 cleaning fee. So $495 total. And it was a beautiful 4 bedroom, three bathroom house with a pool. It definitely helped that we were planning a last minute trip so the villa owners were happy to rent their place for whatever they could get at that point... I'm not sure they would have been that flexible if we were booking 3 months in advance.

Momit
07-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Maybe Myrtle Beach or Hilton Head? Don't know specific homes in either place but both have lots of vacation rentals.