PDA

View Full Version : Shoes with Uniform Help

ray7694
07-21-2013, 10:04 AM
My dd will be going to private Kindergarten. Her uniform is navy pants, shorts, and navy plaid jumper. What shoes would you buy. I have navy and brown dress shoes. What tennis shoes? Color?

twowhat?
07-21-2013, 10:10 AM
My dd will be going to private Kindergarten. Her uniform is navy pants, shorts, and navy plaid jumper. What shoes would you buy. I have navy and brown dress shoes. What tennis shoes? Color?

Does the uniform specify shoe color? If not, can you ask the teacher or check with other parents? At our school's private K, the kids can wear any color shoes they want, and the girls especially love to individualize the looks of their "boring" uniforms with brightly colored shoes (and in the winter, legging or tights).

I like stride rite tennis shoes, and also love the stride rite mary janes (the ones that looks like they could double as tennis shoes) because they are easy to run and play in.

almostamom
07-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Our school requires similar uniforms. The girls in my 4th and 5th grade classes wore tennis shoes every day. Check the uniform policy. Ours doesn't specify a color, but does state that shoes must be closed toe with a rubber sole. Girls in DS' primary classes sometimes wore Mary Janes with rubber soles. I know of another school locally that requires shoes to be solid white with no additional colors at all.

ZeeBaby
07-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Our school (charter) required black shoes as part of the uniform.

megs4413
07-21-2013, 07:51 PM

our school requires solid brown or solid black dress shoes (must be closed toed.) tennis shoes can be solid black or solid white (require matching triple roll socks or knee socks). Check your uniform policy!

Personally, I'd do solid white tennis shoes with navy. My DD prefers to wear her brown maryjanes pretty much all of the time. She wears khaki or burgundy plaid, though. she doesn't ever elect to wear pants.

KpbS
07-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Our school (private) requires tennis shoes everyday for all (most practical for playing on the playground). They can be any color though so that can be fun. :)

AnnieW625
07-22-2013, 11:35 AM
DD1's school requires that shoes be primarily brown, black, grey, or white. DD1's school uniform is navy/white/light blue plaid or navy pants/shorts with either a light blue or white Peter Pan collar blouse or a royal blue, light blue or white polo shirt (depending on the grade). All of the color shoes look good with the combo.

I just got DD1 these New Balance shoes from the Nordstrom sale (http://www.newbalance.com/New-Balance-990v3/KV990PS-V3G,default,pd.html?dwvar_KV990PS-V3G_color=Grey_with_Pink&start=36&cgid=68000&prefn1=genderAndAgeGroupCombo&prefv1=Girls). I like that they have just a little bit of pink in them so they don't look so boyish. The same shoe comes in grey, navy, and black, but esp. the velcro ones look way more boyish.

For the past two years DD1 wore the velcro/tie version of this shoe (http://www.newbalance.com/New-Balance-633/KJ633Y-G,default,pd.html?dwvar_KJ633Y-G_color=White_with_Green%20Lake&start=17&cgid=68000&prefn1=genderAndAgeGroupCombo&prefv1=Girls), which has since been discontinued, but it looked fine with the plaid uniform as well.

Lots of kids also wear Airwalks (Payless), Vans, or Converse, but DD1 said she wanted a true athletic shoe.