PDA

View Full Version : Cracked, rough, peeling skin on DS3 toes....what can it be? possible TMI

liz
07-21-2013, 10:54 AM
My DS3 has had rough skin on and off for years on his big toes (sometimes other toes too). We just thought it was a touch of eczema (all of our kids have this, prevalent in the winter mostly). We have put Vaseline/aquaphor/ sometimes cortisone cream and socks until it subsides.

Over the last month is has gotten REALLY bad- especially since he is wearing sandals and going in the pool. The peeling skin is so rough and thick I have to use (sorry TMI coming) nail clippers to clip the skin off, otherwise it catches on fabric. It's like looking at old man's feet :barf:

I can't contact the doctor until Tuesday, but was wondering what you all thought. Is it just eczema? athlete's foot? He doesn't complain about burning or itching, just pain where the cracks are developing :(. Any thought would be appreciated.

JBaxter
07-21-2013, 11:16 AM
I would try athletes foot TX on it to start. I vaguely remember one of my older boys having something similar in early elem school.