PDA

View Full Version : American Express TrueEarnings vs Amercian Express Everyday Cash back

JustMe
07-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Which do you think is better? Here is a side by side comparison and they look pretty close.

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/compare-cards?p=ctray&pmccodes=796,161,795&eep=25330

NJ_Mom2011
07-22-2013, 11:28 AM
I would choose the Everyday Cash card given that it allows rewards for supermarket and department shopping, while TrueEarnings doesn't. I also don't travel much, so I am not impressed with that TrueEarnings rewards category.

JElaineB
07-22-2013, 12:48 PM
I have the True Earnings card, just becuase it is from Costco and it was easy to get there, and I don't have to carry a separate Costco membership card. I actually have spent quite a bit on travel this year, so that has been nice, though most years the supermarket benefit on the other card would probably outweigh the travel benefit. I usually put my groceries on my United Explorer card now.

JustMe
07-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Thanks, they seem so close its hard to decide. I think for me it is in between the supermarket (but no Costco) cash back of the Everday Cash Backvs the US restaurant and Costco cash back of the TrueEarnings.