PDA

View Full Version : Coralling books on an Expedit? (Sort of s/o)

BunnyBee
07-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Has anyone found a way to keep books from getting eaten by the deep Expedit shelves? We have several Expedits, and magazine boxes work for comic books, etc, but smaller paperbacks or board books wind up shoved back and falling behind the shelf. I have googled and searched here but "books" and "Expedit" aren't a narrow search combo.

lalasmama
07-21-2013, 07:17 PM
We just used the fabric boxes made by Ikea. DD would know what color box the books were in, pull that box out, and find the books she wanted.

PMJ
07-21-2013, 08:34 PM
I use the Deep Ultra Sterilite (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-Tall-Ultra-Basket-Set-of-6/10401032) baskets from Wal M. They fit PERFECTLY in the Expedit and leave a little room on the top to see what is inside. I posted here about 1 yr ago or so... w/ pictures of this. Try researching, I'm terrible at searching otherwise I'd find it for you!

OKKiddo
07-21-2013, 09:13 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about! It happens with our little books too, and I am going to take a page out of your book and get the magazine boxes for the comic books and other softback kids books that keep sliding down and stack instead of stand. I used to have an older 5x5 expedit that the shelves would slide all the way back against the wall and that's what I did with the smaller books (but military moves were not(friendly to it and we had to replace it). :(

elliput
07-21-2013, 11:18 PM
I use Sterilite large stacking bins (http://www.sterilite.com/SelectProduct.html?id=787&ProductCategory=192&section=1) for the books in DD's room. The books are placed so that the covers are forward. The handles on these bins do extend out just slightly.

rolypoly27
07-22-2013, 12:22 AM
We use large multipurpose bins from the Container Store. They fit perfectly in the expedit, hold all the little books, and are easy for the kids to pull out. We put larger books directly on the shelf next to the bins.

lhafer
07-22-2013, 12:25 AM
I also use the multipurpose bins, and usually turn them sideways (opening out) so the cubby isn't so deep.