PDA

View Full Version : Another forum issue

Snow mom
07-22-2013, 05:16 AM
I post/read from an ipad and a couple of times recently I've noticed that the OP from a thread disappears. In one case it was a thread I had subscribed to without posting and in another case it was a thread I had replied to. The thread is now listed as being started by the first response and the original post is completely gone in my view of the forum. I thought I'd mention it since this is more than basic formatting.

jacksmomtobe
07-22-2013, 06:02 AM
I post/read from an ipad and a couple of times recently I've noticed that the OP from a thread disappears. In one case it was a thread I had subscribed to without posting and in another case it was a thread I had replied to. The thread is now listed as being started by the first response and the original post is completely gone in my view of the forum. I thought I'd mention it since this is more than basic formatting.

I saw the same issue in two posts both coincidentally about topics related to Cape Cod. For the one I noticed last week I read a post where it was clear that the post showing as the "original post" wasn't the original post as it was a two line response. On that thread it was the first time I read the thread. On the second one I noticed this with which was about where to go with visiting relatives for a get away in the Boston area I originally read the op but when I read the topic again it showed a different post as the op.

wendibird22
07-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Sorry to hijack but can I add that with Tapatalk the last few "new posts" never load. It'll say there's 80 new posts for example. I'll scroll down through them (by pulling up to load additional messages) and when it gets towards the end they won't load. So it might say 76 of 80 messages but those last 4 don't load. It happens every single time on both my ipad and iphone. Sometimes it's just 1 remaining message and sometimes it's 4 or 5.

elizabethkott
07-22-2013, 09:23 AM
Yup... Seeing this same issue, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lfp2n
07-22-2013, 02:41 PM
My post about Hawaii disappeared and now the OP looks like the first reply. I wrote that post on iMac not iPad though. Weird!

mikala
07-22-2013, 03:02 PM
I've seen a few threads on Tapatalk on android where the threads seem to cross topics. They show the header for one thread but the contents of something entirely different. An hour later they showed appropriately.

mikala
07-22-2013, 08:26 PM

I'm seeing this behavior now on a "recommend your non skinny jeans thread". The first post is from crl and I'm pretty sure that she was not OP.

pastrygirl
07-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Yes, I'm seeing it, too. At first it seems strange because I think there will be a question, but instead there's a statement. I finally figured out that the original posts were missing.

MontrealMum
07-22-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm seeing this behavior now on a "recommend your non skinny jeans thread". The first post is from crl and I'm pretty sure that she was not OP.

It's not just tablets and phones. I am also not seeing the 1st post in the thread referred to above (it is showing the OP as crl). I'm on a laptop and am constantly signed in as a mod. Hopefully the techs will sort this out soon.

mackmama
07-22-2013, 09:32 PM
I often don't see first post.

ncat
07-22-2013, 09:39 PM
The original posts for these threads appear to have been moved to the relevant forum, and the replies remain in the lounge.

missym
07-22-2013, 11:43 PM
We've sorted it out and the threads should all be fixed soon! :)

Sorry for the confusion!

queenmama
07-22-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm seeing posts dated 12/31/1969. Weird.

Lara

crl
07-22-2013, 11:49 PM
We've sorted it out and the threads should all be fixed soon! :)

Sorry for the confusion!

Thank you. :)
Catherine

missym
07-22-2013, 11:54 PM
I'm seeing posts dated 12/31/1969. Weird.

Lara

Can you link to examples, please? Thanks!

mikala
07-23-2013, 12:21 AM
I've seen those too. I don't see any now but will watch for examples.

Snow mom
07-23-2013, 06:35 AM
The original posts for these threads appear to have been moved to the relevant forum, and the replies remain in the lounge.

Oh, nice detectiving!

Thanks, Missy, for all your hard work.