PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel-Proof Garbage Cans??

alootikki
07-22-2013, 11:38 AM
The squirrels in our backyard are insane! Or at least the most aggressive squirrels I've seen. They chewed/scratched through our old garbage can lids to get to the food scraps inside, and are now doing it again with our new lid. I should get metal cans, but they usually don't have wheels. Any recommendations for new cans that are squirrel-proof, or other ways of repelling them? Thanks!

westwoodmom04
07-22-2013, 11:46 AM
The squirrels in our backyard are insane! Or at least the most aggressive squirrels I've seen. They chewed/scratched through our old garbage can lids to get to the food scraps inside, and are now doing it again with our new lid. I should get metal cans, but they usually don't have wheels. Any recommendations for new cans that are squirrel-proof, or other ways of repelling them? Thanks!

Just sympathy, we have the same problem. I've even opened a garbage can and had a squirrel jump out. I just buy the thickest plastic ones I can and replace every few years. I also put duct tape on areas they tend to gnaw and they seem not to like that.