PDA

View Full Version : I have cleaned more vomit in this past month....

elektra
07-22-2013, 12:20 PM
than I ever have in my life I think.
Between our air travel, and illnesses all around, both the frequency and epic-ness of the pukes around here are unprecedented.
It is wearing me down and I was even gone for a few days when things were bad around here.

I thought we were past this round but DD's coughing got so bad last night that sure enough, she barfed.
And when one of my kids barfs, the other one starts gagging and there have been several barf-o-ramas, two of which were in the car. One on the way to the airport and we had to still use the carseat on the way home. And this isn't even the first time that has happened (having to use a barfy seat while traveling).

Even DH starting in on the gagging last night while helping with cleanup.

I know we all deal with this but I had to just vent for a minute!

Also, I have barf bags in my car and barf bags in my travel backpack. Both kids were wearing sea bands and I gave them bonine. DD still managed to get sick. I think she must have anxiety about flying to some degree because she barfed even before we left the house on the way to the airport.

BabbyO
07-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Aww, :hug: that sounds terrible! Hoping you don't have to deal with anymore vomit for a LOOONNGGG time!

I know this is BP, so feel free to ignore. Not sure what is causing DD to cough, but I know Stachio was doing that (coughing till he got sick) last year and we finally figured out it was allergies. If you don't know the cause, you may want to check and see if allergies are part of the problem. Once we got the allergies stabilized, I didn't have to clean nasty, puke sheets every night!

Obviously that won't help with the travel/flying anxiety.

hellokitty
07-22-2013, 01:15 PM
than I ever have in my life I think.
Between our air travel, and illnesses all around, both the frequency and epic-ness of the pukes around here are unprecedented.
It is wearing me down and I was even gone for a few days when things were bad around here.

I thought we were past this round but DD's coughing got so bad last night that sure enough, she barfed.
And when one of my kids barfs, the other one starts gagging and there have been several barf-o-ramas, two of which were in the car. One on the way to the airport and we had to still use the carseat on the way home. And this isn't even the first time that has happened (having to use a barfy seat while traveling).

Even DH starting in on the gagging last night while helping with cleanup.

I know we all deal with this but I had to just vent for a minute!

Also, I have barf bags in my car and barf bags in my travel backpack. Both kids were wearing sea bands and I gave them bonine. DD still managed to get sick. I think she must have anxiety about flying to some degree because she barfed even before we left the house on the way to the airport.

Sing it, sister! We are on the tail end of some plague-like stomach bug. I have one kid who hasn't gotten it yet and he leaves for camp this upcoming wknd, so I keep hoping that if he's going to get it, he gets it soon. It has been a barf fest at our house since Friday, and I have barf buckets stragetically planted all over the house, after DS3 barfed out, what seemed like gallons to me the first day that he was sick (he was the one who started it all). Add to that, that my kids ALWAYS get some hideous cough while we are traveling, and yes. My kids cough so hard at night, that they barf. Hotels always dread us, b/c we are the family calling up for clean sheets in the middle of the night.

mommylamb
07-22-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm so sorry... it totally sucks.

Your post made me think of that story within a story in Stand by Me with the barf-o-ramma at the pie eating contest... ick.

elektra
07-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Your post made me think of that story within a story in Stand by Me with the barf-o-ramma at the pie eating contest... ick.
I think if it every time too, which I why I used that phrase! One kids goes and then I hear the gagging start in from the other one. Good thing there are only two of them!

HonoluluMom
07-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Yikes! Hope everyone gets better soon!

arivecchi
07-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Don't know how you do it! I'd be running for the hills!

MontrealMum
07-22-2013, 09:24 PM
:hug: that sounds awful! I hope it's over soon!!!

SnuggleBuggles
07-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Heavens! That is so bad. I don't handle that well at all.

BunnyBee
07-22-2013, 10:01 PM
There should not be vomiting in July. So wrong! It's too hot to deal with barf. Hope it's all gone!