PDA

View Full Version : Birthday party venue wants to cancel! Help!

HonoluluMom
07-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Don't know if this should go in a b*tch post, but . . .

I got a voice message from the owner of the venue where I'm throwing DD's birthday party (for her and her friends) and she said she needs to reschedule DD's party as she needs to go out of town. :gloomy:

I've already put down a deposit and sent out invitations with 90% of the invitees already responding. DD is very excited that so many of her friends are able to attend. I've also already arranged for a family party afterwards.

I've left a return message asking whether someone else can cover the party. Anything else I can do?

carolinacool
07-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Ah, man. I'm so sorry. That's so strange she canceling because she has to go out of town. Surely she has employees who can handle things in her absence.

How much time between now and the party?

HonoluluMom
07-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Ah, man. I'm so sorry. That's so strange she canceling because she has to go out of town. Surely she has employees who can handle things in her absence.

How much time between now and the party?

I hope she has someone else that can cover the party! The party is mid-next month. I know, it's a lot of time to find another place, but DD chose the venue (it's a very specialized venue - the only one in Honolulu).

carolinacool
07-22-2013, 01:40 PM
I hope so, too! Although it's strange she just didn't do that in the first place. I don't have any advice if the venue is so specialized. I hope it works out for the date that you chose!

div_0305
07-22-2013, 02:02 PM
How awful! Very bad for reputation purposes as well, unless it is a very urgent, unavoidable issue--in which case she should say so. Hope your guests can make it for the new date.

hellokitty
07-22-2013, 02:08 PM
That sucks!!! I would remind her that you had an agreement and you put down a deposit. Ask if there is anyone who can fill in for her OR if she can make other arrangements for you. To me, it sucks that she is dumping this on you, even though she is the one who dropped the ball. So, I would make her figure out some accomodation or to have someone fill in for her.

Still-in-Shock
07-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Is there another venue available in the same day, if not at the same time? It's much easier together to tell parents to drive their kids to a different place, than to try a diff. day, as you know!

HonoluluMom
07-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks everyone for responding.

Just got off the phone with the owner. Normally, there are two people manning the party, but for my DD's party, since the owner will be out of town, there will only be one person. I told the owner that I have no problems helping at the party and I'm sure the other parents will help as well. So, it looks like it's a go! :cheerleader1:

Momit
07-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Thanks everyone for responding.

Just got off the phone with the owner. Normally, there are two people manning the party, but for my DD's party, since the owner will be out of town, there will only be one person. I told the owner that I have no problems helping at the party and I'm sure the other parents will help as well. So, it looks like it's a go! :cheerleader1:

Great news! Glad the party can go on as planned.

hellokitty
07-22-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm glad that you guys figured it out.

YouAreTheFocus
07-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Oh, thank goodness! I was so mad for you!! I'm glad you get to keep everything as-is.