PDA

View Full Version : S/o Best deals for chicken nuggets?

barkley1
07-23-2013, 09:15 AM
For a 10-12pm birthday pool party, I need chicken nuggets for 50 people (22 kids). Chick Fil A has a nugget tray for 25 ppl for $69.50(!!!) yikes! That's way outta my price range. They did say that was 200 nuggets, each serving was 8 nuggets. None of the kids will eat that many, I'm sure - they are 4 yrs old. Would that be enough?

Other places I've looked are the delis at grocery stores, but they only have chicken tenders....doesn't seem as kid/party friendly, and not as yummy :). Does anyone know of anywhere besides check fil a? I don't want to do McDonald's.

(We are also having chips, fruit, various deserts, snacks and a huge cake).

iaam
07-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Are you OK with buying frozen? Costco sells a big bag of organic nuggets that my kids love. You just need to stick them in the oven for 10-15 minutes.

carolinacool
07-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Are you near a Zaxby's? My friend got chicken tenders/nuggets there for my baby shower. They don't taste like Chick Fil A, but I like them. I wouldn't say they are cheap, but I believe they were still a better deal that Chick Fil A. But I don't remember if they were nuggets or tenders.

MizMojoLaveau
07-23-2013, 10:14 AM
I second checking with Zaxby's. I got nibblers platters (the chicken sliders) for a recent party and everyone was commenting how good they were and the big platter was like $30. Perhaps they have nugget platters.

Mommy2Abby
07-23-2013, 10:38 AM
I've gotten the purdue refrigerated chicken nuggets from BJ's. 3 packs were around $7-8 if i recall correctly. I think each pack has about 15(?) nuggets in it? So probably about 45-50 nuggets for $8.

Madelyn
07-23-2013, 10:57 AM
I would say if you want to go with the CFA nuggets, you don't have to fully feed all the adults there. An estimated adult serving would be 8 nuggets and a kids' portion would be about 4 nuggets. So that would be about 300 nuggets. But it is a party and some of the kids will be excited and will eat less. If the party is from 10a to noon the adults may just be snacking and can always go home to eat their lunch if they are still hungry. At the last party I took my daughter to (classmate's swim party), they had pizza and some of the adults ate the pizza but they didn't seem to have that much pizza. They ran out and the kids probably could have eaten more but no one complained. The last party my daughter went to with a CFA nugget tray, probably 75% of the tray went uneaten. There were only 8 girls there and the party was in the afternoon so more of a snack time. Another party we went to they had a nugget tray plus homemade baked chicken legs (for the adults?) but the legs went mostly uneaten and everyone went for the nuggets.

Radswd
07-23-2013, 11:38 AM
I went to party last summer where chicken nuggets were served. The mom had made frozen nuggets. The kids seemed to like them (toddler crowd), and for the adults, the mom had a snack table with same nuggets, chips, and stuff. It was so hot and most people I saw were just drinking or eating something cool like fruit/ice cream. Mostly men seemed to graze on the snack bar with the nuggets. I say just go with whichever is most convienent/cost-efficient for you. As a guest, I would appreicate that you do have food offerings for the adults and be fine with whatever is offered.

waitingforgrace
07-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Could you do nuggets for the kids and subs/sandwiches for the parents? I'm just thinking buying some subs to cut up might be cheaper than nuggets. I'm probably in the minority but if you are telling people there's lunch I think you definitely need to provide enough lunch for everyone.

wellyes
07-23-2013, 04:32 PM
I would do the tray for 25 kids. That's less than $3/kid. I don't think parents expect to eat an actual meal at a kids party.
If you don't want to do that, frozen is definitely the way to go.

barkley1
07-23-2013, 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. We don't have a Costco or BJs, and Zaxbys doesn't have nuggets (just strips). So, I think I'll do the one tray of 200 and let it go at that. Hopefully it'll be enough to go around, maybe the adults will just feed their kids :). Even if everyone eats nuggets, it's still 4 a piece.

SnuggleBuggles
07-23-2013, 10:23 PM
You'll get something else too, right? I can't imagine every grown up will be like "woo hoo! chicken nuggets for lunch!". Subs, pizza...something for non meat eaters. It does end at noon so I probably wouldn't worry too much b/c if they are still hungry after the party, it's still lunch time. But, just a thought.

June Mommy2
07-23-2013, 10:58 PM
I was at a party a while back that served chicken nuggets ("popcorn" chicken), and when I commented on how good they were to the mom she told me that they were from the Wal-Mart deli of all places. I was shocked! She said they were much more reasonable than CFA. It has been a while, and I haven't checked it out myself, but if you have a WM that may be a possibility.

ShellB
07-24-2013, 06:16 PM
If you want cheap, you can get a bunch of mcnuggets from McD. I think like 40 are $10?