PDA

View Full Version : Athleta hemming

C&C's mom
07-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Anyone had pants hemmed at athleta? How does it work? I ordered pants online and wonder if I can take them to the store to get hemmed?

cookiemonster80
07-24-2013, 10:36 PM
I've had Bettonas hemmed and it was a disaster- the fabric is so flimsy that the stitching pulled right out. It may just be the lady who did them for me, but she's done a ton of other clothes for me and nothing else had come apart like the Bettonas- why so they make them so long? I'm 5'7'' and I'm walking all over the regulars even in workout shoes

BabyDahl
07-25-2013, 12:42 AM
I have taken several pairs of pants to get hemmed at Athleta, some purchased in store, others purchased online. They did a great job, even on my Bettonas (umm... x 3). Quick turn around, maybe 3 days or so? The seams are strong and straight, I have about 0.75 - 1" hemmed on each pair.

citymama
07-25-2013, 01:48 AM
Thanks for asking, OP as I was planning to do this too. I was told that you take it to the store during hours the tailor/seamstress will be there (call ahead). Then pick up a few days later, so a second trip. Then if your pants still aren't working, Athleta will take them back.

Now I'm puzzled as I was planning to take in the BF Bettonas to get hemmed - I'm constantly tripping over the weird cinch thing and stepping on it and causing myself great pain! I'm 5'6" and it's about two inches too long. I tried the petites in store and they were 2 inches too short!

cookiemonster80
07-25-2013, 09:13 AM
I should clarify- I took my Bettonas to a 3rd party tailor- I don't live near a B & M store unfortunately :(

94bruin
07-26-2013, 03:38 AM
I had my Bettonas hemmed at Athleta - worked out great. Mine were bought in-store - but I'm sure if you bought them online, they'd hem them as well.

A regular saleslady pinned it up for me. Not sure when the tailor picked it up. I think it took a week?

Globetrotter
07-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Can you get clearance merchandise hemmed?

tarnator
07-27-2013, 01:48 AM
I believe that they work like Lululemon. They will hem anything that they make regardless of whether it was on sale or not. My issue is that I am 2 hours away from the store and I can't get back for a pickup!

I would also like to get a slight adjustment to one of my bathing suit bra tops, but I am not sure if they do that...

Globetrotter
07-28-2013, 02:56 AM
Excellent!