PDA

View Full Version : ISO blanket/pillow combo for nap time at school?

PMJ
07-25-2013, 01:55 PM
DD will be 4 yrs old and has two more years of preschool. I'm looking for a pillow / blanket combo that DD can use on her cot at school.

I saw this at Wal Mart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Boom-Princess-Nap-Mat/14262284

Do you think this is a good deal?

Dream
07-25-2013, 03:00 PM
I think the price is good, I paid more for it. Is this long enough for your DD? I bought it for ODD when she started PreK for the same purpose but it didn't work out. For one thing once she keep her head on the pillow the rest is not enough. I don't remember how tall she was when she started Prek tho. And she didn't like the fact the blanket was attached to the sheet, she kept pulling it to cover herself when we tried it at home. She ended up using it for play at home.

PMJ
07-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I guess I just need to buy a separate blanket for her to keep at school....I can't find any that are long enough. I find two extremes (one for infants) and then other is for adults. I also don't want to pay a lot and don't want a "set" of comforter etc...b/c we already have the other stuff at home.

Any suggestions everyone?

crl
07-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I guess I just need to buy a separate blanket for her to keep at school....I can't find any that are long enough. I find two extremes (one for infants) and then other is for adults. I also don't want to pay a lot and don't want a "set" of comforter etc...b/c we already have the other stuff at home.

Any suggestions everyone?

I sent ds with a travel pillow from REI. For the blanket, I took ds to the fabric store and let him pick from the fleece options. I bought a few yards and cut it up into the size I wanted for blankets. Fleece doesn't ravel so you don't have to sew it. Not the cutest solution, but cheap and easy.

Throws are probably about the right size and I am sure you can find some inexpensive fleece throw options. Ikea usually has a color or two for really cheap.

If you want something nicer, I am sure you can get an Etsy seller to make the exact size you want.

Catherine