PDA

View Full Version : Please help - stinky shoes & feet!

Mopey
07-25-2013, 02:57 PM
So Mopey's wet/dry shoes have become super stinky. I think I can wash them in the machine, no? They are water shoes from stride rite.....can't find them on the site anymore but similar ones say damp cloth only? What can I do to get rid of the smell?

Many TIA!!

Giantbear
07-25-2013, 03:20 PM
I would either chuck them in the machine or use laundry detergent on a damp cloth, lather them up and then hose them off, but i like to live on the edge. I figure water shoes should be able to, you know, get wet without a problem.

:D

mmommy
07-25-2013, 04:12 PM
It sounds worth trying. I mean, you'd only be out a pair of stinky shoes if something goes wrong, right?

PunkyBoo
07-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Sprinkle a little baking soda inside, put in a ziploc bag, and leave them in the freezer overnight. By morning they won't stink (until her feet get sweaty and stinky in them again but you can freeze them nightly). Freezing won't "wear" them out like washing will.

Mopey
07-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Sprinkle a little baking soda inside, put in a ziploc bag, and leave them in the freezer overnight. By morning they won't stink (until her feet get sweaty and stinky in them again but you can freeze them nightly). Freezing won't "wear" them out like washing will.

I remember this from volleyball in HS.

I would either chuck them in the machine or use laundry detergent on a damp cloth, lather them up and then hose them off, but i like to live on the edge. I figure water shoes should be able to, you know, get wet without a problem. :D

Hahahaha I concur!

Thanks for the tips!

cono0507
07-26-2013, 05:23 PM
I wash my kids keen sandals in the washing machine and then dry in the sun. Usual gets me three to four weeks of stink free until they need it again.

Nooknookmom
07-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Freezer??? Can I put DH....I mean DH's work boots in there!