PDA

View Full Version : Does Loestrin 24 cause increased appetite?

MSWR0319
07-29-2013, 04:48 PM
I just switched birth control and am about a week into Loestrin 24. I have had an increased appetite for a few days. The only thing I can think of is this new pill. Is there anyway this pill can cause an increased appetite? I"ve never had this happen before and my OB/GYN switched me to this one because I was spotting on a different one and was extremely moody and she claimed this was a well tolerated pill. I'd rather be moody than gain 50lbs. I'm doing everything I can to avoid these hunger pains, but seriously, I am starving! Has anyone else had this happen or is it just coincidence?

jayali
08-05-2013, 03:14 PM
I do think it is one of the printed side effects. I started the Loestrin pill about three months ago, but can't remember if it made me hungry. I am constantly battling my weight, so I always feel hungry, but don't recall it being worse when I started the pill. I will say I like everything about this pill, so far, except that it is causing swelling in my ankles, that coupled with the 100 degree and 100% humidity days.

Give it some time. My gyn said I needed to complete three full cycles before I make a decision and she was right.

Good luck!

MSWR0319
08-16-2013, 08:48 PM
I do think it is one of the printed side effects. I started the Loestrin pill about three months ago, but can't remember if it made me hungry. I am constantly battling my weight, so I always feel hungry, but don't recall it being worse when I started the pill. I will say I like everything about this pill, so far, except that it is causing swelling in my ankles, that coupled with the 100 degree and 100% humidity days.

Give it some time. My gyn said I needed to complete three full cycles before I make a decision and she was right.

Good luck!

This is a random question, but does your period start when you're on the inactive pills? I'm assuming that's what is supposed to happen and it will be shorter because there are only 4 inactive pills?? I've again been spotting for almost 2 weeks like I did with the other one, so I'm just not sure what's really a period and what's not. My doctor also told me to give it three months before the spotting stops, which I'm hoping happens because I don't feel as cranky.