PDA

View Full Version : Best teaset gender neutral

Sunspot
07-31-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm looking at hape teaset that is wood for our two year old twins but wondering how durable wood teaset would be. I don't want them filling it with water or liquid right now. Anyone buy a wood set and wish they didn't?

What bpa free useable teaset is recommended that is not ceramic? Other than green toys....

Thank you

citymama
07-31-2013, 01:45 PM
Ah, I was going to recommend Green Toys! Why is it not an option for you? It's BPA free, non-ceramic, useable and gender neutral!

Tenasparkl
07-31-2013, 01:48 PM
We have a tin curious george tea set (by schylling I think) and that's been great with using actual water.

citymama
07-31-2013, 01:55 PM
We have a tin curious george tea set (by schylling I think) and that's been great with using actual water.

OK, we had those Schylling tea sets too (the one with bugs). I don't want to alarm you, but Schylling tin toys have routinely been cited or recalled for high levels of various nasties. I would *not* absolutely not let my kid ever drink water from it, which my DDs will almost always try to do (or actually do in the case of DD2). I ended up putting it away in donation/discard box because there was no way to have them safely play with it. Sorry for the scare-mongering, but I would not recommend this set for anyone whose kid may ever try to drink from it!

ncat
07-31-2013, 04:15 PM
We have the same set. It has not held up to DS1's use with water (which we have discouraged and taken the set away as a result of).

Tenasparkl
07-31-2013, 05:21 PM
OK, we had those Schylling tea sets too (the one with bugs). I don't want to alarm you, but Schylling tin toys have routinely been cited or recalled for high levels of various nasties. I would *not* absolutely not let my kid ever drink water from it, which my DDs will almost always try to do (or actually do in the case of DD2). I ended up putting it away in donation/discard box because there was no way to have them safely play with it. Sorry for the scare-mongering, but I would not recommend this set for anyone whose kid may ever try to drink from it!

Thanks! I had no idea and I'm usually up on that stuff. Oops!
Thankfully that set lives in my office & has only been used on days when preschool ended early, so not too many times. Sounds like it needs to disappear.