PDA

View Full Version : Just need to get this off my chest...

BabbyO
07-31-2013, 01:48 PM
Dear God,

Please let me quit my job soon. I know I should be thankful to have a job with good benefits...there are so many that don't. But when you start thinking on your hour commute how great it would be to be in a car accident severe enough to get you away from the office for at least 3 weeks, but not so severe that it would kill you....well, I think something has got to change.

I just want to cry.

Me

liz
07-31-2013, 02:38 PM
:( hugs to you. I hope you can figure something out.

Sent from my Galaxy phone using Tapatalk

HonoluluMom
07-31-2013, 02:42 PM
Hang in there. :22: I can relate - work REALLY sucks sometimes.

BunnyBee
07-31-2013, 02:53 PM
That does not sound good. I'm so sorry! Fingers crossed for new, healthy career opportunities.

mom2khj
07-31-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm sorry. BTDT totally.

BabbyO
07-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Thanks everyone...I don't want to bore anyone with the details - though most have been posted somewhere along the line in the last year or two. Let's just say it is going to be a LONG month and it hasn't even technically started yet and I know tomorrow will be worse than today.

Just trying to hang on....

ncat
07-31-2013, 04:27 PM
I'm sorry - sounds miserable.

I've had times at work where I found myself staring at my calendar planning out what the next two weeks would look like if I gave notice immediately. However, it was never bad enough that I considered a serious car accident preferable to work.

123LuckyMom
07-31-2013, 04:43 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry! Being miserable at work is horrible!

Still-in-Shock
08-01-2013, 12:21 AM
:54: I don't drink much, but this just looked appropriate.
Hoping things turn out MUCH better than you expect.

DietCokeLover
08-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Sorry things are so hard for you right now.

specialp
08-01-2013, 07:58 AM
I'm so sorry. I can relate as I had a job maybe 10 years ago that I hated and used to have the same thoughts. On Saturday nights, I would start dreading Monday mornings to the point that I couldn't even enjoy Sundays. DH still talks about how miserable I was there. I hope you find something new soon.

hellokitty
08-01-2013, 08:06 AM
I'm sorry. I've seen you post about your frustrations at work and how you feel that it's not getting you anywhere. I hope that something changes for you soon, or you are able to find a job that you like better.

hillview
08-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Hang in there. :22: I can relate - work REALLY sucks sometimes.

:yeahthat:

BabbyO
08-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Thanks everyone. A co-worker and I were commiserating and decided an emergency appendectomy would be another viable option for getting us out of work. I know that sounds terrible...but we're trying to keep it light hearted somehow! :D

ETA: A freak bike accident while walking on the bike trail at lunch, getting run over by the forklift

Seriously just trying to make light of a crummy situation and these are the ideas we're coming up with!

Nooknookmom
08-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Been there and thought that.

I was "lucky" I suppose that my company went belly up and it forced me to change my career path.

I'm about in that situation again (different reasons for me-medical and I run a biz with DH and we are not on he same page)....

I think you try and follow your passion. I HATED -and I strongly mean HATED my old job. I carried all the bene's too, so I stayed for years when otherwise I would have left.

Life is too short to hate what we do. Yes having work nowadays is a scarce thing and I to am grateful when we do, but it shouldn't trump ones mental state.

I hope u find something soon. I know the unhappiness trickles down and it makes home life rough too, who can be in a good mood and play with kids and generally be "happy" if it dreading the next day.

I get it-what do u like to do?

JustMe
08-02-2013, 02:05 AM
Wow, this sounds really bad. I can commiserate and unfortunately have had very bad work situation many times and know how it can have a never-ending effect on you. I sure hope you find a way into something better soon!

belovedgandp
08-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Hope you find something soon. It makes everyone miserable.

I've had a couple jobs I hated, but was able to switch quickly.

DH was in one for almost three years. About five months before he actually found a place to move to he came home on a Friday ready to give notice on Monday. We are a single income family and it was scary, but he was so miserable I was ready to support him.

ShanaMama
08-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Dear God,

Please let me quit my job soon. I know I should be thankful to have a job with good benefits...there are so many that don't. But when you start thinking on your hour commute how great it would be to be in a car accident severe enough to get you away from the office for at least 3 weeks, but not so severe that it would kill you....well, I think something has got to change.

I just want to cry.

Me
Oh, do I feel for you. In fact I recall that se sentiment at a previous job. It was more due to the exhaustion of working with a newborn but I remember thinking "if I was in an accident today & landed in te hospital all I'd do is sleep."
I hope things improve for you, even in small ways until you can change jobs.