PDA

View Full Version : Anyone planning for 2015?

fedoragirl
07-31-2013, 07:03 PM
We will celebrate DD's 5th birthday at WDW and I have already started reading all these pages of every question ever asked about Disneyworld. Gosh! I still get confused between the FL one and the CA one.
Anyway, we'll be there in Jan. Still deciding if it will be the 2nd week or the 3rd week. We'll be flying from overseas and I am really hoping to get a TA to do all the work for me. I have been reading through all the recommendations on BBB. Do you think travel agents will be able to get us great deals on our flight tickets too?

queenmama
07-31-2013, 07:06 PM
We will go to Disneyland (the CA one ;) ) in 2015 for my 20th HS reunion and to celebrate the 60th anniversary.

ETA: I've never used a TA except for my senior trip to Hawaii so I can't help ya there, though I assume they'd be a big help with you coming from overseas.

Lara

BabyBearsMom
07-31-2013, 07:09 PM
We are debating between Disney World (Fl) or a Disney Cruise in 2015.

abh5e8
07-31-2013, 07:40 PM
tentatively. i'm thinking april or may. dd will be 2 at the end of may, so thinking we can squeeze in one last "lap child" flight. :) it would be DW for us. we went 2 years ago as well, so i'm just planning to make a few changes from that trip, largly to accommodate our 2 additional children. we loved the trip! no experience with a TA.

fedoragirl
08-01-2013, 05:36 AM
Well, I can also plan without a TA but I thought that was what was recommended for first timers. We'd just be buying everything individually rather than going through a package deal with a TA.

scrooks
08-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Wow... I am guessing we will go in 2015 but I haven't thought much about it yet...
If I had to guess we will go in either January or May.

megs4413
08-01-2013, 06:48 PM
I think a TA would be a good idea. I wonder if there's one that specializes in Disney travel and is also familiar with Germany for you? I could ask some of the Disney TAs I know. I want to point out that a TA (general) and a DISNEY-specialized TA are two different things. ;) I would only use someone with Disney-specific training. :)

You want the world (in FL) if you're coming from out of the country, IMO. much bigger deal than the land (CA.)

We're not officially planning anything for '15, but you never know with me when the bug will bite....I'm planning for sure to go the fall my newest DD turns 5, but that's a LONG way away...we'll probably go at least once before then if not twice.

Momit
08-02-2013, 04:35 PM
I remember being totally overwhelmed planning our trip to Disney World a year ago - and we just had a 7-hour drive rather than an international flight!

Ask questions here, search old threads, and maybe read the Unofficial Guide book so highly recommended here. Even if you have a TA plan your trip there will be many logistics for you to manage (which parks on which days, fast passes, character dining, downloading apps with wait times, and the list goes on). Plus you want to get a feel for which resorts might suit your family's style so you can tell the TA what you're looking for. I felt like I needed a PhD in Disney to survive our trip.

fedoragirl
08-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks megs! I have read a lot of your Disney posts so feel a little bit more prepared to START planning. I've already subscribed to some of the newsletters you recommend. I would definitely go through a TA from mousesavers or some other Disney site rather than a general TA.
Momit, I think I am going to stress out about planning this vacation. We plan on doing a week with the grandparents and flying down to FL or having them come and see us. I don't know how we'll work it out but $$$ will be the speaking factor here.
I guess I wanted to hire a TA because I am first timer and I don't want to make rookie mistakes especially when it comes to saving money and having a good time.