PDA

View Full Version : DH, it's YOUR Family! Don't make me waste my time with them!!!!!!!

Still-in-Shock
08-01-2013, 12:51 AM
BIL and SIL offered their co-sleeper to us, but they would need to get it out of the attic. I asked DH to call them last week to find out when we could get it, because I was busy with EVERYTHING else, and I just didn't have time to deal with them. Not that they are bad, but the phone calls are never short, and I am BUSY. I am still working because I need to save vacation time, and I am getting the baby's room ready, and making arrangements for Mom to come to town, and working with our surrogate's doula, and letting people know what's happening, and.........

Well, 2 days ago, DH admitted that he wanted me to call, so I tried to reach my SIL yesterday and today, but today I reached my BIL, DH's brother. And it was just what I thought it would be. No, he didn't know where the cosleeper was, but if DH needs help painting or moving furniture, just let him know. The baby is due in 2 weeks, and can come at any time, and he is volunteering NOW!????? I was polite and said all that was done, but I appreciated the offer, and I'd let DH know, and that if something came up, DH would call him. And then he went on and on about when he could come over to help and I had to say that the time he had available would be when we would be in the hospital!!!!!!!!

I told DH about the phone call, and he said "What's the deal with painting? We just need a co-sleeper!" I said that HE needed to call his brother then, and that if they couldn't find it by Sunday, I would buy one. He agreed, and after dinner, called BIL. They talked for a while, and the results were:
- they think they already gave away the co-sleeper,
- BIL gave DH all sorts of "advice" and said that when we buy a cosleeper, it should have all sorts of features, including a vibrating setting.
- DH and BIL made up that BIL would come over to our house on Sunday to help us make it safer for the baby.

Neither DH or BIL have any concept of time!!!!!!!!!!!! Checking the house for outlet plugs and door locks when the baby isn't born is not as high a priority as putting together the furniture! :32: People have been asking you for where we are registered, and I have had no time to do that, so Honey, THAT'S what we are doing Sunday!!!!!! And I am getting the co-sleeper I want if it's going to be attached to my side of the bed!!!!!! I told DH that if the baby needs the bed to vibrate, then I'll pull my vibrator out of the drawer and stick under the sheet!

If I had known 3 weeks ago that they didn't have the thing, then I would have been able to get one on sale on ebay. Now I will probably have to pay full price!:banghead:

sarahsthreads
08-01-2013, 08:19 AM
I told DH that if the baby needs the bed to vibrate, then I'll pull my vibrator out of the drawer and stick under the sheet!

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't, but this line totally made me laugh out loud. (Try explaining *that* to a 5 and 8 year old...)

I really do feel your pain. A number of people have offered to let us borrow things but not really come through even after a phone call asking when we could get together and pick them up. Some have also offered help with painting, moving/assembling furniture, etc, and again...not really followed through.

And for what it's worth, we borrowed an Arm's Reach to use with DD2 and it didn't vibrate, and she survived just fine. ;)

Maybe try Craigslist for a used one? I see them all the time for pretty cheap on ours - I didn't love it enough to buy one for this little guy, though. Basically, it took up my ENTIRE side of the bed minus about a foot and I had to crawl down to the end to get in and out and found that really obnoxious. But lots of people swear by it, so YMMV!

Sarah :)

elliput
08-01-2013, 09:09 AM
I told DH that if the baby needs the bed to vibrate, then I'll pull my vibrator out of the drawer and stick under the sheet!
:rotflmao: Funny how we come up with some of the most clever ideas when we are completely frustrated.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. :hug:

123LuckyMom
08-01-2013, 09:16 AM
That's sooooo irritating! You SHOULD buy whatever you want on Sunday. Enjoy!

BTW DS wouldn't use the co sleeper at all. He had to be physically attached to my body. I used the co sleeper as a catch-all for the baby stuff and unattached it from my bed immediately! It's a PITA to have to crawl down to the foot of the bed to get in and out! DD used the co sleeper nicely but as a bassinet. And DS found my vibrator when he was 2 and fell in love with it. He calls it Mr. Buzzy and thinks it's the best toy ever! I have to HIDE that sucker or it ends up in his toy bin :o!

Sweetsunshine
08-01-2013, 10:18 AM
I have to admit I did laugh at your story, but only because I could relate so much! What a frustrating situation. I hope you somehow manage to find a cosleeper on sale. Good luck and congrats on your new addition!

fWIW, my sister used a mini cosleeper so she could get out of the bed easier. She loved it.

Still-in-Shock
08-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks everyone for commiserating with me. I am planning to get the Arm's Reach mini. I had been checking craigslist and the resale shops, and stopped when we were told that they had one. It may be too late to go that route, but I can try. DH also had some gift cards for ToysRUs, so I can go that route. I had hoped to use them later on for when we know what will really work for our baby, but oh well.

123LuckyMom, thank you for the laugh I needed!!!!

Kira's Mommy
08-01-2013, 10:00 PM
OP, that's sooo annoying! I so know where you're coming from.

123LucklyMom, your Mr Buzzy story made me :hysterical:

mikala
08-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Add me to the list of people laughing at Mr Buzzy.

OP, you might also consider waiting a few days on the cosleeper watching for bargains and instead starting with something like the Rock 'N Play or the top level of a pack n play right next to the bed if you have either of those available.

Still-in-Shock
08-01-2013, 10:55 PM
UPDATE: I went on to craiglist just to see what was there, and someone about 5 miles away had one in pristine condition, and priced to sell. I emailed her immediately to see if it was still available, and an hour later it was in my car! YEAH!!!

I really liked calling DH at work to let him know! He is now working on projects in the baby room that I asked him to do last week, and I think it's because he wants to say he did something other than paint. :ROTFLMAO:

Mikala, I already had a rock n play as well (also from craigslist used), but I intend to use that in other rooms in the house. Of course, the baby will make the final decision. I do know some babies ONLY sleep in that, and some don't like it, but I wanted both options, since when you have a newborn, running to the store to get something isn't always an option. ;)

Tondi G
08-02-2013, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=Still-in-Shock;3841635]UPDATE: I went on to craiglist just to see what was there, and someone about 5 miles away had one in pristine condition, and priced to sell. I emailed her immediately to see if it was still available, and an hour later it was in my car! YEAH!!! QUOTE]

Awesome! Glad you were able to get one for a good price, quickly! Check that off your list!!! We had a mini co-sleeper when we had DS2 and it was great!