PDA

View Full Version : Hit & Run!

rachelh
08-01-2013, 10:31 AM
What type of person hits my car and leaves over $1000 worth of damage and doesn't leave a note?!?! And this happened right in front of my house!! What a great way to start my day! Ugh!

specialp
08-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Oh no! That stinks. Someone did it to me in the hospital parking garage a few months ago. I was there daily visiting a relative in ICU after a near fatal accident and come out to find my car hit!

DietCokeLover
08-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Oh my word! How awful.

westwoodmom04
08-01-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm so sorry, that's horrible. Maybe worth ringing some doorbells this evening to see if there were any witnesses.

rachelh
08-01-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm so sorry, that's horrible. Maybe worth ringing some doorbells this evening to see if there were any witnesses.

I posted in our community's email group but it is probably wishful thinking that someone actually saw it. I have been complaining since we moved in about our block. I really did not realize how busy it was before we moved in. A two way city street with parking on the both side of the street - its not possible for two cars to pass eachother on the block without haing to pull over a little and people drive way too fast. We also live at a t-intersection where two cars cannot be turning at the same time. Judging by where I was parked an the location of the damage, someone hit me while making a turn. Ugh! Last year a tree fell on my trunk during Hurricane Sandy - the paint is practically still wet!

okinawama
08-01-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm so sorry. I just don't understand people!

twowhat?
08-01-2013, 03:31 PM
People suck:( :( Our van has a cracked bumper - someone with a white car clearly hit in in the parking lot or something. No note. People suck :(

ShanaMama
08-01-2013, 11:27 PM
That is so aggravating! I wonder if people have stopped leaving notes because it ends up worse for them. A woman I know bumped another car while parking. Scratched it a bit. She left a note & the next thing she knew the cops were calling her for leaving the scene of an accident. She had to appear in court and all. I don't know how it resolved. I could see someone not leaving a note if they're afraid that might happen to them. But bashing in your car & then driving off? That's just crazy.

ett
08-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Oh, that's awful. Did you report it to the police?

My sister's car got hit in a parking lot while she was in the car. The women was about to drive off when my sister knocked on her window to tell her what she had done. She looked at my sister with a "did I do that?" look on her face. I don't even think she realized she hit another car.

My in law's brand new car was also hit in a parking lot. No note at all.

I read about these hit and runs all the time in the police log in our local paper. It's unbelievable how often they happen.