PDA

View Full Version : Skechers with looong tongue? (Twinkle Toes?)

Melaine
08-01-2013, 12:01 PM
The girls say they want TTs....I'm not thrilled but there are worse things so I am looking for a deal. These are cheap on 6pm....http://www.6pm.com/skechers-kids-shuffles-rockster-lights-little-kid-big-kid-black-multi

I actually like the idea of black (totally eliminates some arguing about colors we have due to extreme identical twin-itis), and these aren't bad but the tongue is absurd. My question is if anyone has seen these IRL do you think the tongue could be tucked back under the laces (like doubled). Otherwise, I honestly would think about cutting it shorter, which may be nuts. The tie-dye print isn't so bad I just don't like the huge length. Thanks for any tongue insight. :p

happymom
08-01-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure folding or cutting it would work too well (although I remember you are crafty so maybe you could cut and sew it... I'm just not sure it's worth the effort). DD also was dying to twinkle toes a few months back. I wasn't thrilled but bought them anyways (as you said-There are worse things). I have to say- they are adorable and have held up nicely! DH just told me that there was a post on slickdeals about 20% off kids shoes in amazon if you spend $50 and it included twinkle toes. Here:
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_379772122_3?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=mZCBWPrREeKIVqqYBQC5_g0_u8ae3_0_0_0&ie=UTF8&node=7112419011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=1309P83VJZ83J4NA1C5C&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1583920122&pf_rd_i=B002CQTZFG

That might work out to similar price as the 6pm shoes with less work :).

Melaine
08-01-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure folding or cutting it would work too well (although I remember you are crafty so maybe you could cut and sew it... I'm just not sure it's worth the effort). DD also was dying to twinkle toes a few months back. I wasn't thrilled but bought them anyways (as you said-There are worse things). I have to say- they are adorable and have held up nicely! DH just told me that there was a post on slickdeals about 20% off kids shoes in amazon if you spend $50 and it included twinkle toes. Here:
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_379772122_3?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=mZCBWPrREeKIVqqYBQC5_g0_u8ae3_0_0_0&ie=UTF8&node=7112419011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=1309P83VJZ83J4NA1C5C&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1583920122&pf_rd_i=B002CQTZFG

That might work out to similar price as the 6pm shoes with less work :).

I really glad to hear they have held up well! That definitely makes me feel better. I keep looking at amazon and the prices look good....until I click on the shoes. Then the size 13 end up at least $45 it seems....remeber how you used to be able to click on a list to see prices, sizes, colors and vendors? What happened to that ?

happymom
08-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I really glad to hear they have held up well! That definitely makes me feel better. I keep looking at amazon and the prices look good....until I click on the shoes. Then the size 13 end up at least $45 it seems....remeber how you used to be able to click on a list to see prices, sizes, colors and vendors? What happened to that ?

Yes I do remember that! I bought her the shoes in maybe February or march and she has worn them every single day since then. They look worn, but they're not ripped or ruined in any way.

joonbug
08-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Last weekend the Famous Footwear had a buy one get one 50% off and DDs TTs came to 20 (the full price was dh s pair of boat shoes).