PDA

View Full Version : The compliment that isn't.

mikala
08-01-2013, 11:42 PM
From a well-meaning neighbor mom of girls:

"Your boys are so well behaved. They aren't wild and crazy like you'd expect. They really don't even seem like boys."

Whuck??? Okay, I appreciate the acknowledgement that my 3 year old can be really well behaved at times. It's one of those things you just don't hear often enough as a mom. And the baby, well, the baby's a baby. He's giggling and trying to climb and eat things. It's cute. But please, just stop there. Really, stop there.

JBaxter
08-01-2013, 11:49 PM
See I'd look at her and say... you dont get out to talk to people much do you?

123LuckyMom
08-02-2013, 09:35 AM

Hilarious!!!

Well, now you know she's one of THOSE. I'm sorry you have one in your vicinity. Her ignorance and prejudice was made your problem, but it's not worth spending any of your precious energy dwelling on.

Still-in-Shock
08-02-2013, 02:48 PM
see i'd look at her and say... You dont get out to talk to people much do you?

rofl!!!!

mikala
08-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Hilarious!!!

Well, now you know she's one of THOSE. I'm sorry you have one in your vicinity. Her ignorance and prejudice was made your problem, but it's not worth spending any of your precious energy dwelling on.

It's okay, I'm not stewing about it or anything. I'm more just amused at how bad it sounded. I would have joked with her about it if I knew her better to help her think about her words but instead kept my mouth shut and groaned/giggled a little internally.

kara97210
08-02-2013, 11:57 PM

I need to remember to use this, too funny.

smilequeen
08-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Well, it is still a compliment for you :) But it shows her blinding ignorance. I'd be tempted to say something like "yes, your girls are well behaved too. Not nearly as bitchy and dramatic as one would expect." But I wouldn't because no matter what, i wouldn't want anyone to actually think I believed bs stereotypes.

belovedgandp
08-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Yes, just smile and nod.

But ugh, people are stupid.