PDA

View Full Version : In the scheme of things this isn't important

swissair81
08-02-2013, 11:10 AM
But one of my Facebook 'friends' went to all of the heads of my kids' school to tell them I've been bad mouthing them on FB and saying... Actually I don't know what they said that I said because I know I didn't say anything that deserved a reaction like this. I did a mass unfriending and will triple think before I post anything again, but I am so mad. Unfortunately, so is the board of directors.

BabyBearsMom
08-02-2013, 11:30 AM
What??????? That is f'ing ridiculous. Why would she do that? Glad you unfriended her!

KLD313
08-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Wow! That's crazy. What is wrong with people?

ray7694
08-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Sadly FB is a great gossiping tool. A teacher in our district was bad mouthing our school and was called out on it. IMO if you wouldn't say it to their face don't say it on FB. It is a public forum that is not secure.

swissair81
08-02-2013, 12:27 PM
What??????? That is f'ing ridiculous. Why would she do that? Glad you unfriended her!

I don't know who did it. I can only guess. I hope I got her.

swissair81
08-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Sadly FB is a great gossiping tool. A teacher in our district was bad mouthing our school and was called out on it. IMO if you wouldn't say it to their face don't say it on FB. It is a public forum that is not secure.

I did not say what they reported to the school. I might not always be as discreet as I should be, but I'm not an idiot. Also, I know you meant well, but right now I just need everyone to be indignant on my behalf. I'm getting enough of the stupidity talks from my husband.

elektra
08-02-2013, 12:30 PM
I didn't say anything that deserved a reaction like this.
Seriously.
That is crazy.

MMMommy
08-02-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm sorry that happened, and that just plain sucks. :hug:

Do you think the "rat" could possibly be someone who is not a direct FB friend of yours, but perhaps a FB friend of one of your FB friends? Namely, could one of your FB friends have commented or "liked" your comments, and then his/her FB friend saw them that way? I know I see a lot of FB posts of people I am not FB friends with because my own FB friends "like" or "comment" on their friends' pages.

SnuggleBuggles
08-02-2013, 12:48 PM
That stinks. I'm sorry.

swissair81
08-02-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm sorry that happened, and that just plain sucks. :hug:

Do you think the "rat" could possibly be someone who is not a direct FB friend of yours, but perhaps a FB friend of one of your FB friends? Namely, could one of your FB friends have commented or "liked" your comments, and then his/her FB friend saw them that way? I know I see a lot of FB posts of people I am not FB friends with because my own FB friends "like" or "comment" on their friends' pages.

I was just thinking that. It's a huge problem because this person clearly has it out for me. She went to three separate people with the same story. I'm still friends with my good friends in the school, which means this person can read any posts their friend comments on. So basically I'm done with Facebook. It's too bad because it was pretty much my entire social life what with all my kids and my grad program. My only other socializing is carpool.

crl
08-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Ridiculous. And so unfair. You'd think the board would just ignore that kind of crap.

Catherine

DietCokeLover
08-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Wow, somebody has way too much time on their hands. Sorry.

ShanaMama
08-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Ridiculous. And so unfair. You'd think the board would just ignore that kind of crap.

Catherine
Yeah, really. They took her at her gossipy word without even giving you a chance to clarify? I think this is one of those times where the person will eventually dig her own grave with all this nasty gossiping. Too bad that doesn't help your situation right now.

Still-in-Shock
08-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Before you give up on FB, you might want to check all your security settings. And you can set up a group of friends to send certain posts to as well.
That's extra work, but it sounds like it might be worth it to you.

I hope things work out for you with the school board. You just want the best for your children!!

mommylamb
08-02-2013, 03:26 PM
I was just thinking that. It's a huge problem because this person clearly has it out for me. She went to three separate people with the same story. I'm still friends with my good friends in the school, which means this person can read any posts their friend comments on. So basically I'm done with Facebook. It's too bad because it was pretty much my entire social life what with all my kids and my grad program. My only other socializing is carpool.

Sorry you are going through this. How childish for this person to make something up and attribute it to you in order to get you in trouble and put you in an awkward position. However, someone like this could easily just say she heard you say XYZ as she could say that you wrote it on FB. I wouldn't get rid of FB because of this. Sorry. It sucks.

arivecchi
08-02-2013, 03:49 PM
I cannot imagine what this person must have said to get you in trouble, but it seems crazy to me that you would suffer the consequences of that without people getting your side of the story first.

MMMommy
08-02-2013, 04:11 PM
I find it unsettling that the Board would be so upset based on what easily could be hearsay from an unreliable source. Did the Board confront you and bring the matter up to you? Did you find out that someone ratted because the Board took measures and brought it to your attention? It seems unfair for the Board to make judgment without knowing the full story. Is there an opportunity for you to explain and/or defend?

BunnyBee
08-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Is it a religious school? Seems like they would be more ashamed of gossiping! I'm sorry. :(

swissair81
08-02-2013, 05:47 PM
My husband had a meeting with the chairman about our children's tuition and he asked him about it. I don't even know when this happened. My husband defended me and called me to ask what was going on while he was there. I was so confused.

swissair81
08-02-2013, 05:49 PM
I think I changed my mind about this comment.

sweetheart82
08-04-2013, 12:04 PM
I find it unsettling that the Board would be so upset based on what easily could be hearsay from an unreliable source. Did the Board confront you and bring the matter up to you? Did you find out that someone ratted because the Board took measures and brought it to your attention? It seems unfair for the Board to make judgment without knowing the full story. Is there an opportunity for you to explain and/or defend?

I agree with what MMMommy wrote above. I hope that the school board gives you an opportunity to set the story straight.

Ms B
08-05-2013, 11:22 AM
And this is why the only "friend" that I have on FB is Target Cartwheel . . .