PDA

View Full Version : Kids dining chairs and kitchen chairs

Kjlyttle
08-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Not sure where to post this (sorry). My DS is almost 3. My DD is 4 mo. My son still uses his high chair. We have a chicco poly and like that we can wheel him into the kitchen and back to the table. In a couple of months I will need the highchair for my daughter.
I he doesn't like the FP booster. It feels too small to him I think. So I was wondering what other options are there? The Tripp trapp or keekaroo are nice but pricy (I know whatever we get we will have to have two of eventually lol). Ikea makes junior chairs - but selection is limited. Any other options? And... My son likes to watch what we are doing in the kitchen. Now that he will be out of the highchair what can I get for him for the kitchen? (No kitchen island or breakfast bar in our kitchen- it's a small u shaped kitchen)
I need help figuring this out :-). Thanks

barkley1
08-04-2013, 08:40 PM
We've never had a "real" highchair....just those convertible seats with trays you strap to a regular chair. Around age 2.5, DS wanted to sit in a real chair like the rest of the family, so he now uses a bar-type chair. It's higher so he can reach the table, and has a back and thin metal arms on the side.its worked great for us!

abh5e8
08-04-2013, 11:20 PM
we have the trip traps and love them. 2 of them. but, i needed 2 more chairs for my kitchen table anyway and they color matches pretty well. i think there are some similar chairs that are not too expensive. do you have a budget in mind?

this one looks nice: http://www.onestepahead.com/Feeding/High-Chairs-and-Booster-Seats/Euro-II-Versatile-HighchairChair.pro?fpi=104102&catCd=2W

we also have one similar to this one: http://www.amazon.com/BabySmart-Cooshee-Hybak-Booster-Periwinkle/dp/B00DW16UV2/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1375672716&sr=1-2

that I like. it sits right on our wooden adult chair. it think i found ours for about $15 at the local consignment store.

for the kitchen, could he stand on a stool at one end of the U shape in the kitchen?

jammytoast
08-04-2013, 11:40 PM
The one step ahead chair has been good for us. DS graduated to a normal chair when he was 5 (although could have probably kept using it, but DD outgrew her Ikea high chair)