PDA

View Full Version : Super anxious!!!

psimpson3-5
08-02-2013, 01:02 PM
I am feeling so jittery and anxious. I can't calm myself!

Backstory-
The company I work for has been purchased by an extremely large company. The sale most likely will be finalized today. The new company doesn't need me, so out of the kindness of their hearts (some sarcasm) they are offering me a consultant agreement. In other words, effective at the end of today, I'm unemployed. The new company will pay for me to work as a consultant through 9/30. I will have zero benefits, I just work and they pay me. I just signed and returned the agreement. After 9/30 I'll have to file for unemployment. I've spoken to the unemployment office and they say I should have no problem receiving benefits. Even though DH says we'll be more than fine financially, I'm still worried. I can't stop worrying! Also, we booked our vacation very early this year. We're going on a 6 night cruise stating 8/30. Thankfully it's already paid for, but I'm sure there will be more expenses while we on vacation. On top of all this, I have no idea what I want to do for my next job. I know I don't want to do sales anymore, which will mean a lot less money. It's hard to make a decision when factoring in daycare costs. It would be silly for me to go to work just to cover the cost of daycare. It's approximately $300 per week near my home. UGH! Just a lot on my mind right now. I needed to vent. Thanks for reading.

swissair81
08-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Oh man! I'm so sorry. Hugs!

crl
08-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Oh no. Good luck getting a new job you love at a salary you also love!

Catherine

DietCokeLover
08-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Hoping this change leads you to your dream job!