PDA

View Full Version : I Got Another Versa...

PZMommy
08-04-2013, 01:33 AM
After all the trouble with my first Versa and the absolute worst customer service experience dealing with Baby Jogger, I decided to give the Versa another go, even though I swore I would never touch one again. lol. The manager at BBB assured me I could return it to the store if I had a problem, so I wouldn't have to deal with BJ again.

For starters, this stroller actually opens and closes!!! It is amazing how much better a stroller is when it can actually be opened and closed without having to spend five minutes prying it open. Now the lever doesn't even touch the seat part, where as before, it would constantly get stuck on the seat hinge. I don't know why BJ didn't figure that out the first time they released the Versa, but glad they figured it out now. I really do like using it for Target, the mall, ect. It glides along easily on the smooth floors. Im glad I have an option to have my son face me again, as I missed that. It isn't that heavy to lift in and out of my car. I'm trying to figure out the best way to store it in my trunk. I will have to play around with that.

On the downside, I tried taking it for a walk around my neighborhood, and it is a no go for that. Our sidewalks are just too messed up. I definately need to stick to air tires for our neighborhood walks. I know switching out the tires for GT tires is an option, but it sounds more difficult than I can handle. lol. Also the recline on mine sticks, as it did on my first Versa. I spent a good ten minutes at the mall today trying to get it to lay back since my son had fallen asleep. I'm hoping it will loosen up in time. I also wish it had more footrest positions like the Vista does. It props his feet up somewhat, but it could be better.

Overall, I do like the stroller, and I plan to use it as my car stroller. My sons has tons of growing room in the stroller, which is great as he will be needing a stroller well past the age most kids stop using them. I'm still debating on keeping my Motion for neighborhood walks, or getting a Bob or an Indie (between the colors and the footrest, I'm having a hard time staying away from this stroller! lol). I will see now that I start back to work next week just how much outside walking we will do. We've done tons of walking over summer break, but now that we are back at work, maybe we won't be out as much, and I will just put up with the ugliness of the Motion. lol

ebp913
08-05-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm glad you found something that works for you! I seriously adore my BOB Duallie so that's always my vote for outside but if the Motion is working well for you, that's awesome.

PZMommy
08-07-2013, 10:48 AM
We've used it this week while on an vacation in San Diego. It has worked out well. Even when my 4 yr old rides, it is a pretty easy push.

I've seen several people with Indies while out and about, and I'm still wanting one. I'm trying to talk myself out of it though. lol