PDA

View Full Version : Teutonia 2001 PiXXel

pramhubby
08-05-2013, 12:02 AM
I have a 2001 Pixxel in blue with Carrycot that I purchased from that baby store in CA that was importing Teutonias before Britax took over distribution. We never really used the stroller and it is taking up space. Where is a good place to sell it, Ebay??? I want to find the right home for it. I just need to clear out some of the strollers I purchased from when my daughter was born. We only ended up using 1 out of the 5 and giving away the Emmaljunga and 2 Inglesinas. Now I want to sell the Teutonia and Silver Cross Jogging as we need to use the Maclaren for limited car space. Any recommendations on where to sell?

pramhubby--Holger

hihellonikki
08-06-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm from San Diego and had the exact same stroller minus the carry cot. I bought mine at Heritage Baby in La Jolla. I got rid of the Pixxel last summer. Originally I planned in selling on Craigslist, but I ended up giving it to someone in need. Anyway, while I was wondering how to price it, I saw a resale shop selling one in similar condition for $70. I don't know if that's a good price or not. The Teutonia was hard to price, because its such an awesome stroller - better than current strollers in a few ways. But, it was old (albeit in excellent condition) and they are so very heavy. The weight is the reason I got rid of mine. It was a beast to lift out of my suburban and a beast to fold up to take on the parking tram at Disneyland.

Anyway, try craigslist. Or donate it to someone who walks as their means of transportation.

ebp913
08-06-2013, 03:03 PM
I would try Craigslist before Ebay only so you don't have to deal with shipping. Ebay can be great for strollers that are somewhat hard to find assuming that shipping isn't prohibitive.

pramhubby
08-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the help.
I gave away the Emmy years ago when I fist got it to a young mother who had an unexpected pregnancy. I wanted her to have 1 nice thing at her shower. My wife is still al ittle cross about that as i did it on impulse without asking her after meeting the young girl in the mall working, pregnant and tired. I also gave away the Inglesina with Cot to a friend in NM.

I love the Pixxel but what kills it is weight. I walked into a McLaren store and picked up a Techno XLR and could not leave without owning one. Taking out and putting the Teutonia in the car was really starting to hurt. If I lived in a walking city like Hamburg, Teutonia all the way. In the American suburbs I need something that folds up liget.

PramH