PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed with zappos new exchange policy

arivecchi
08-06-2013, 10:35 AM
I have been a huge fan of zappos but they really ticked me off this morning. One of the things I have always loved about the site is the ease of exchanges. Well, today I got an earful about the new exchange policy from a highly annoying anc clueless rep. They want you to give them your credit card number again over the phone (which I have saved in my account so why is this necessary?) and they will not accept the card if it is expiring soon (which mine is and I do not want to use a different card as I always use this particular card for shopping). So basically, no easy exchanges like in the past. The only reason why I use zappos is the fast shipping and lack of hassle with returns and exchanges, so this has left a bad taste in my mouth. Not smart IMO to bug good old customers like this.

BabyBearsMom
08-06-2013, 10:36 AM
That is awful. Can you try calling back to see if you get a different rep? I would be super pissed about this too. Their prices aren't that good either, so if they don't have the easy returns/exchanges, I'm not sure I would be buying from them.

TwinFoxes
08-06-2013, 10:42 AM
That's weird about the not expiring soon. It seems like an Amazonification of the site.

ETA: Is there a VIP phone number? Is that what you called?

pb&j
08-06-2013, 10:48 AM
That's weird about the not expiring soon. It seems like an Amazonification of the site.

ETA: Is there a VIP phone number? Is that what you called?

Ironically, I just exchanged a pair of shoes with Amazon - they sent the new pair out without charging my card. I had, I think two weeks? thirty days? to return the original pair before they'd charge my card. Surprisingly easy!

arivecchi
08-06-2013, 10:50 AM

ETA: Is there a VIP phone number? Is that what you called? No. I think I called the regular zappos line. Will try the VIP line now.

arivecchi
08-06-2013, 10:56 AM
The VIP rep hooked me up. Thanks for the idea twinfoxes!

TwinFoxes
08-06-2013, 11:01 AM
The VIP rep hooked me up. Thanks for the idea twinfoxes!

Woo hoo! :)

swissair81
08-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Ugh. That's weird. I returned 3 pairs of shoes (not exchanged) back in March and I just asked them to credit my account when they processed it. Then I just paid for my new purchases with the merchandise credit.

nupe
08-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Not zappos, but I had a horrible experience with 6pm (same ownership as zappos) last month. I had trouble logging in to their website inside the 30 day return window. Then I sent an email via their website, which apparently never went through. Sent a second email and this time the person misunderstood my request entirely. THen when I called and talked to someone, they would not let me return the unworn still in box items, none of which fit. And no they could not grant me an exception even though the problem was with THEIR website! And the rep said, yes, it's really hard to shop for shoes online!!!!