PDA

View Full Version : Discontinued contact lenses!

nupe
08-07-2013, 10:37 AM
So about 2 years ago I pretty much gave up on contacts and was wearing glasses. I have a pretty heavy prescription so it's not an attractive look necessarily. Then last summer I tried on about a dozen different styles of contacts until I found a comfortable pair. The vision isn't the best, but it's pretty good. Now paying about $1/contact for dailies is kind of high, but I didn't really have a choice if I wanted contacts. Just saw the optometrist in June and plan was to get the same contacts. Then I find that they are being discontinued!! And the doc didn't even know. I only found out because the manufacturer/Costco sent me a post card! I called the doc and she still didn't know. I had to send her the postcard to convince her and to get her to order me samples of the new kind (but really it's the old kind that has been marketed in Europe for years). Scared to try them...

crl
08-07-2013, 10:46 AM
I am so sorry. I would hate to be without my contacts. I'd be trying to buy up what's left of the discontinued kind.

Catherine

JustMe
08-07-2013, 11:03 AM
I am sorry. It took me lots of tries to find contact that work for both vision and comfort so I understand your frustration.

I hope you find something that works.

cono0507
08-07-2013, 12:37 PM
What kind? I wear dailies too (been wearing the same ones for over ten years!) and would be very displeased if they were discontinued!!!

nupe
08-07-2013, 05:25 PM
What kind? I wear dailies too (been wearing the same ones for over ten years!) and would be very displeased if they were discontinued!!!

Acuvue TruEye (narafilcon B) is what I've been wearing.

It is going to be replaced by narafilcon A, which is has been marketed as TruEye in Europe and I'm not sure where else.

nupe
11-17-2013, 12:40 AM
Update: i tried the the narafilcon A lens(formerly only avail in Europe), and it was uncomfortable. Then i tried ciba dailes total one! So delighted to find something that works. Now to stress over the higher cost of these Cibas. But still thankful that i havw a contact choice!

crl
11-17-2013, 01:07 AM
Update: i tried the the narafilcon A lens(formerly only avail in Europe), and it was uncomfortable. Then i tried ciba dailes total one! So delighted to find something that works. Now to stress over the higher cost of these Cibas. But still thankful that i havw a contact choice!

Glad you found some that work!

Catherine