PDA

View Full Version : Relatively thick LS t-shirts

elbert
08-07-2013, 05:30 PM
I feel like over the years the LS t-shirts we've been getting are thinner and thinner. I'm giving up on Lands End, and read some reviews that LL Bean ones are really thin, too. Any suggestions of places to get substantial LS t-shirts for DD6? FYI: I'm not a fan of the Hanna ones this season...

larig
08-07-2013, 06:36 PM
I've gotten some thick plain LS tshirts from ON. They are more of a brushed knit, and really really soft.

swissair81
08-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Lands end has nice long sleeved, crew neck shirts. I bought quite a few for my first grader's uniform. They provide a jumper, but they can wear any plain round necked shirt under it. My almost 5th grader has worn them for the past two years. They held up nicely for her. She could have worn them again this year if she didn't need Oxford blouses.

Kindra178
08-08-2013, 09:58 AM
LE, Boden or HA.

twowhat?
08-08-2013, 01:50 PM
We have some older (solid color) versions of this:

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Girls-1H-12yrs-Tops-T-shirts/T-shirts/31693/Girls-1H-12yrs-Everyday-T-shirt.html

They are fabulous. They are thick, don't lose their thickness after repeated washings, SO soft, stretchy, and I love the banded cuffs - makes it easier for kids to pull on coats without their sleeves running away from them but are stretchy enough to pull up the the forearms for hand washing. I'm sad that ours are too small now and would love for Boden to offer the solid colors again!