PDA

View Full Version : Better seat belt?

parker10302
08-08-2013, 03:10 AM
Hello there fellow stroller addicts! I haven't been here for a while as my first two are now 8 and 10. We now have a third dd that is 9 months!

I always removed the shoulder straps on all my strollers as my big girls always stayed put in their strollers. Well that's not the case with our newest little monkey! She will NOT stay put in the stroller. We have a Bee and a Cameleon from 2005. The Cameleon harness is almost useless. The shoulder straps are above her head(my girlies are peanuts)and the crotch strap is at the edge of the seat, so far away from actually serving a purpose. She can Houdini her way out of the harness, no matter how tight I have it, and not to mention, it doesn't look very comfortable having straps run down either side of her face.

I have other issues with the Bee, in addition to the fact that she can get out if this harness as well. When the seat back is pushed down to the shortest setting, in creates a bulge in the middle of the seat. She sits very awkwardly and continually slides down to the point that the crotch strap is too tight. Am I the only one unhappy with the design of this seat?

Anyways...long story long...

I was thinking that maybe the replacement seat fabric for the cameloen might have adjustable height for the shoulder straps on the harness? Does anyone know if it does?

OR I could sell both strollers and get something that works better, harness-wise?

I prefer something closer to the size of the Bee as it needs to fit behind the third row seat in my car...any advice?

Thank you!
:)
Nicole

PZMommy
08-08-2013, 11:57 AM
I found the seat of the Bee to be a problem for my son, as he would slide too far forward. He actually fell out once as I was trying to get him out. I sold my Bee.

I have never owned a Cam, so I'm not sure on that one.

gamma
08-10-2013, 08:39 AM
I am the mother and grandmother of the Houdini children! The only harness they were unable to escape was the floating harness on the P3. However, I did have really good sucess with using a ponytail holder, the kind with the 2 balls, attaching it tightly, to hold the harness straps together across the chest, the same as a car seat. HTH

parker10302
08-11-2013, 09:22 AM
I am the mother and grandmother of the Houdini children! The only harness they were unable to escape was the floating harness on the P3. However, I did have really good sucess with using a ponytail holder, the kind with the 2 balls, attaching it tightly, to hold the harness straps together across the chest, the same as a car seat. HTH

That's a fantastic idea, the ponytail holder! I ended up pulling the Cam's straps down the seat, pinning them and cutting new holds in the fabric cover to feed them at the correct length. It seems to help, although I'm not sure what to do about the crotch strap.

The p3 would be a good size for behind my third row seat...I'll give it some thought.
Thanks again!