PDA

View Full Version : Ick! Moldy High Chair Straps (Chicco Polly) - Keep, Toss, Write the Company for New?

lizzywednesday
08-08-2013, 09:50 AM
OK, I'll admit it - I didn't care what happened to our Polly high chair when we grubbed it out to the garage still covered in miscellaneous baby debris.

But I noticed yesterday that the straps are moldy and there are bits of mold on the plastic.

Ew.

So ... do I keep & try to clean it; set it out on the curb (with the pads) next bulk trash day, or see if I can purchase new straps from Chicco?

Frankly, I'd rather throw it out and forgo the whole high chair thing with the next baby (if there is one, that is) in favor of our FP booster, but DH wanted to keep the Polly and I'm stuck.

(p.s. - Mods, if this belongs more in 'Clean Sweep' please move it.)

edurnemk
08-08-2013, 09:55 AM
We had a Chico Polly, too, and I HATED it, so hard to clean. I "forgot" to pack it when we moved, LOL. Would you want to use it with a future baby? If not I'd get rid of it.

lizzywednesday
08-08-2013, 02:13 PM
We had a Chico Polly, too, and I HATED it, so hard to clean. I "forgot" to pack it when we moved, LOL. Would you want to use it with a future baby? If not I'd get rid of it.

I hate it, actually, and would much prefer a space-saver high chair ... or just the FP HealthyCare booster I bought for travel.

And it never really synched well with our space - its footprint was immense while set up and we never took it down. I positively DESPISE cleaning it (all those nooks & crannies in non-removable parts!!!) and think it's stupid to hang onto it. Especially because we are fairly ambivalent about a new baby at the moment.

But ... DH was really emphatic about keeping it, so I kept it. He said he'd hose it down and then it rained for what felt like WEEKS straight, so we never got the hose out. Ugh.

I kind of feel like this is the Universe telling me it's OK to toss it.

YouAreTheFocus
08-08-2013, 02:35 PM
If you are stuck bc of DH's attachment, I'd order new straps. We had a strap incident, and try as I might, I could never get them truly clean. Depending on how much they cost, I'd consider getting new straps to sell it, if you can get DH to that point.

candaceb
08-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Renters at the family Cape house left my Ikea Antilop in disgusting condition and it had fuzzy mold growing on it when we got there a week after they left... I put the straps in the silverware container of the dishwasher, with nothing else in the dishwasher, and ran it through a cycle. I thought the washing machine wouldn't have hot enough water. They came out miraculously clean.

essnce629
08-09-2013, 10:46 PM
If you want to keep it I'd just remove the straps and soak them in bleach water.

lizzywednesday
08-12-2013, 08:27 AM
If you want to keep it I'd just remove the straps and soak them in bleach water.

I can't do bleach; it makes me physically ill.

Chicco sells new straps for $15 on their website, so it's worth the spend to me to get the new straps & try to sell it.