PDA

View Full Version : Belts with Maxi dresses

wendibird22
08-08-2013, 02:33 PM
If you wear maxi dresses that have inset drawstring at the waist how do you wear belts with them...or do you? I have two maxi's from gap that I love (one tank, one drape neck) and both have an elastic waist with a drawstring. I'm fine wearing them that way but also want to be able to change them up a bit by pairing with different belts. Should I just remove the drawstring and always wear with a belt? It there a secret to hiding the drawstring (the opening isn't wide enough to tuck it back into the hole it comes out from). I have one obi belt that's wide enough to hide the drawstring and an obi fits more snuggly, but even my wider belts shift/hang down a bit and therefore show the drawstring. I'm also thinking that my one tank style would look cute with a colorful skinny belt which of course would totally show the drawstring.

Suggestions?

TwinFoxes
08-08-2013, 02:40 PM
I only have one with a drawstring, and I don't wear a belt with it. I can see why you're tempted. Mine with the drawstring is black, and it just seems like a lot of one color. But I just can't think of a way of making a belt work. I guess you could pull out the string. So far, I've just worn fancy necklaces to give it a little more interest.