PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a stroller?

anothermother
08-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Hi, I'm going to be an adoptive mom at some point. I'm in the homestudy process but the adoption agency is already sending my information to potential birth mothers. So I'm starting to purchase must have items and want to get a stroller but there are so many, how do you choose? or narrow things down.

Karinyc
08-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Congrats :)
I think you first need to look at how you will be using the stroller & your lifestyle to help you narrow down options. Suburban vs urban, car use vs. walking, need for air tires or mall crawler, etc. The one thing you really don't need is a travel system. They are bulky & tend to be okay-poor quality (at least when it comes to the stroller). I would purchase the carseat separate from the stroller. Consider your needs & budget; do you want a full-featured stroller or something more basic & lightweight. From what age will you be using the stroller? If you do a search you'll find a wealth of info about specific brands & models. In addition there are some great review sites like Strollerqueen & Baby Gizmo (including You Tube videos) to help you decide.

ebp913
08-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Congrats :)
I think you first need to look at how you will be using the stroller & your lifestyle to help you narrow down options. Suburban vs urban, car use vs. walking, need for air tires or mall crawler, etc. The one thing you really don't need is a travel system. They are bulky & tend to be okay-poor quality (at least when it comes to the stroller). I would purchase the carseat separate from the stroller. Consider your needs & budget; do you want a full-featured stroller or something more basic & lightweight. From what age will you be using the stroller? If you do a search you'll find a wealth of info about specific brands & models. In addition there are some great review sites like Strollerqueen & Baby Gizmo (including You Tube videos) to help you decide.

I agree with all of this. If you can answer some of these questions then we can help make suggestions as well!