PDA

View Full Version : White uniform polo shirts--how to keep clean?

KpbS
08-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Wondering if anyone can give me some tips about white polo style uniform shirts? Our school has changed the dress code and we have an option of 3 colors, one is white. How do you launder these to keep them looking good?

SnuggleBuggles
08-10-2013, 12:04 AM
I just don't buy them. ;). I gave up after semester 1. I don't bleach here...it's just one of my things; I don't even own bleach. Hope someone has better advice!

AnnieW625
08-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Buy the other colors:) Lots of bleach or Oxi Clean would be my guess. DD1 has light blue polls and they are just as hard to keep clean!

hellokitty
08-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Lol, I agree with Annie. Buty the other color options. My boys wear a white shirt a couple times and then they are basically ruined. Even if I try to stain treat them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

KpbS
08-10-2013, 10:04 PM
I know, I hate white for kids--esp boys! And I also don't use bleach. I use oxy clean for a soak occasionally but I am wary of it causing skin irritation. I was planning on stocking up on the blue shirts but they are the tagless style just like those they recalled several years ago from Carter's (painted rectangular patch) that burned some kids' skin. DS1 has really sensitive skin and some skin issues so that's my hesitation about the blue shirts. I think the pale yellow shirts have regular tags so I might have to buy several of those, although DS doesn't care for the color. I wish they had gone with more of a guide gold yellow instead of pale yellow. :(