PDA

View Full Version : Best 3-wheel stroller

mita219
08-10-2013, 12:06 PM
My husband and I (expecting our first baby this September) registered for the Graco Fast Action Jogger stroller along with the Graco Snugride 35 infant car seat. We've already received the car seat but I'm having second thoughts on the stroller. When compared side by side with the Britax B-Agile the Graco seems SO bulky. Here are my concerns:

-the Graco is 30 lbs. verse the Britax which is 16 lbs.
-the Graco is bulky and doesn't seem like something you would take to the mall; I also registered for the Graco frame to use with the car seat
-the Britax doesn't come with a child tray or a cup holder...Graco comes with both (along with a phone holder)
-the Britax has a smaller storage area...Graco has a pretty large area
-the Graco has air-filled tires which my husband loves
-the Britax isn't considered an all-terrain but realistically the only all-terrain we'd be using it on is around the neighborhood, in parks, etc.
-the Graco has a higher handlebar that is not adjustable; the Britax isn't adjustable either but its lower (I'm 5'2)

Any comments on either stroller would be appreciated and if anyone has other recommendations that'd be helpful as well!

http://baby-stroller.findthebest.com/compare/140-165-276/Britax-B-Agile-vs-Graco-FastAction-Fold-vs-Graco-FastAction-Fold-Jogger (disregard the 4-wheel Graco in the picture).

spannaz
08-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Definitely go for the Britax! Graco makes great carseats but their strollers are bulky and cumbersome and cheap quality. And the resale value of the Britax will be much better. Oh and that fold will have you sold the first time you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PZMommy
08-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Definately the Britax stroller. If your husband really wants air tires check out the city mini GT which has forever air tires or the Bob Motion ( but that has 4 tires). Both of those have the same fold as the Britax and also have adjustable handle bars.

Philly Mom
08-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Definately the Britax stroller. If your husband really wants air tires check out the city mini GT which has forever air tires or the Bob Motion ( but that has 4 tires). Both of those have the same fold as the Britax and also have adjustable handle bars.

I agree. I had the regular bjcm and a friend has the bjcm gt. the gt is a great option if you want air tires. You can't beat the fold of a bjcm or similar britax.

crl
08-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Of those two, I'd go for the Britax. A good stroller is worth every penny in my book and I am sure I would be exceedingly unhappy with the Graco strollers given the reviews I have read.

I love air tires and do a lot of neighborhood walking. I find true air tires an essential for my outdoors stroller, YMMV. They make sidewalk cracks and curbs so much easier. And the good ones steer so well. I really loved my Bumbleride Indie. It is a great newborn stroller. It is heavier than the B-Agile and more expensive though.

Catherine

edurnemk
08-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Run, not walk, away from Graco strollers! I speak from experience, the steering is awful, they're low quality, squeaky, bulky.

Graco infant seats are compatible witht most, if not all, strollers, plus the stroller will be used far longer than the infant seat.

Go for the Britax, or a BJCM, or a Valco. Do you want it for outdoors? That would define the kind of tires you need. britax be-agile is ok for indoors and smooth pavement, minimal grass and such. If you need someing more AT then there's the BJCM GT, and if you need something really AT then look for air tires, there's lots of options but I love the NB Swift, and the Bumbleride Indie.

ETA don't base your decision on cupholders and such, there are aftermarket ones you can add. Maneuverability, weight, fold, recline, canopy are much more important IMO. Lots pf people end up with 2 strollers: an AT for outside walks and a lightweight for the car, travel, mall, etc. i never had a frame for the car seat and never missed it, but I did have an AT and then a good umbrella stroller. Everyone in this board will tell you that the frame is only good for short errands and such because it's bad for a young baby to spend long periods in the car seat.

ebp913
08-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Run, not walk, away from Graco strollers! I speak from experience, the steering is awful, they're low quality, squeaky, bulky.

Graco infant seats are compatible witht most, if not all, strollers, plus the stroller will be used far longer than the infant seat.

Go for the Britax, or a BJCM, or a Valco. Do you want it for outdoors? That would define the kind of tires you need. britax be-agile is ok for indoors and smooth pavement, minimal grass and such. If you need someing more AT then there's the BJCM GT, and if you need something really AT then look for air tires, there's lots of options but I love the NB Swift, and the Bumbleride Indie.

ETA don't base your decision on cupholders and such, there are aftermarket ones you can add. Maneuverability, weight, fold, recline, canopy are much more important IMO. Lots pf people end up with 2 strollers: an AT for outside walks and a lightweight for the car, travel, mall, etc. i never had a frame for the car seat and never missed it, but I did have an AT and then a good umbrella stroller. Everyone in this board will tell you that the frame is only good for short errands and such because it's bad for a young baby to spend long periods in the car seat.

:yeahthat:

ma912
08-13-2013, 08:10 AM
I know it isn't one of the ones you mention, but I have and LOVE my Baby Jogger City Elite. It has 3 all-terrain tires, is super durable and easy to fold.

mita219
08-14-2013, 12:38 AM
Thanks everybody! I watched some youtube reviews comparing the bjcm and the britax and it sounds like the britax is probably better for me since it'll be used with a newborn. I'll most likely exchange my graco car seat for the b-safe so I can easily use the car seat and stroller together. Now if only the b-safe came in more colors!

Thanks again and any additional feedback is always welcome!

And to edurnemk - yes i would like something that can be used outdoors just around the neighborhood (sidewalk, pavement, playground, grass).