PDA

View Full Version : ISO DECENT jersey weaving loops

maestramommy
08-10-2013, 05:13 PM
DD1 got one of those weaving racks for making potholders, and has used up all the loops. I bought a bag from AC Moore, they were assorted cotton loops. They were awful. Sizing wasn't standard and many I had to toss because they were just too small. I did a search and saw the same brand in jersey loops, but Amazon reviews had the same complaint.

Anyone have a good source for replacement loops?

ETA: I just found jumbo pack of 440 loops for $25 on Klutz.com. The original kit came from Klutz so I know that the loops are good, but does that seem like a lot to pay? Not sure how many loops came with the original kit (included rack, hook and instruction book).

ETA: okay, original kit had 197 loops. That's worth 5 potholders. No wonder she ran out, lol.

abh5e8
08-10-2013, 06:27 PM
we had trouble with the nylon loops and the plastic loom...plastic broke and it says on the box (in tiny letters!) "do not use with hot items, product may melt"....soooooooo not so great for a pot holder, eh.

we bought this metal loom from amazon and the cotton loops and they are MUCH better. sizing is very even, colors nice and loom very sturdy. i also buy their replacement loops.

http://www.amazon.com/Harrisville-Designs-F550-AZ-Potholder-Kit/dp/B00000IV3U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376173431&sr=8-1&keywords=pot+holder+loom

oneplustwo
08-11-2013, 12:28 AM
A:yeahthat: for the Harrisville loops from Amazon. My sons learned finger weaving last fall at school and became obsessed with it, as did apparently a lot of their third grade classmates, boys in particular. We went the same route, buying some at AC Moore that were just like what they were using at school, but my boys wanted bright colors and I wanted better quality, since my boys were making Christmas presents with the loops (think scarves, pet leashes!). I highly recommend the Harrisville loops ~ great quality, thicker than the ones from AC Moore, deep colors, consistent loop size.

I bought these http://www.amazon.com/Harrisville-Designs--Lotta-Loops-Potholders/dp/B002N4KK7O/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1376194946&sr=1-1 as well as some bags of single colors.

maestramommy
08-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the rec! But, aren't these loops even more expensive? The replacement loops will make 8 potholders, for $16. The Klutz loops will make 12 for $25. However, I see that they are cotton blend, at least, they carry them in cotton blend. Does that mean partly synthetic?

oneplustwo
08-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the rec! But, aren't these loops even more expensive? The replacement loops will make 8 potholders, for $16. The Klutz loops will make 12 for $25. However, I see that they are cotton blend, at least, they carry them in cotton blend. Does that mean partly synthetic?

The prices on Amazon fluctuate for the Harrisville loops; I bought them last December for $13.65 at the time (the bag of mixed colors that make 8 potholders). Also, these are all cotton.