PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Smaland

JdrKuhnert
08-11-2013, 07:38 AM
For sufficiently terrorizing my boys that they do not ever want to return and making my 7 year old so uncomfortable that he cried. My boys have enjoyed Smaland for years in Germany and were excited to go here. After their experience yesterday, they do not want to go back. Who knew that one hour could go so terribly wrong? As your reward IKEA, I will be shoopping with my children in the future. It may be more frustrating, but I'll probably spend a lot less in my desire to get out of the store. So once again thank you. Smaland.

TwinFoxes
08-11-2013, 07:46 AM
What the heck happened? Did they show an inappropiate movie? Whatver it was, that's awful.

JdrKuhnert
08-11-2013, 08:56 AM
There was a lot of yelling from the staff. My boys went in excited to have fun and came out extremely unhappy.

Gracemom
08-11-2013, 10:47 AM
We used to use Smaland until we had a bad experience. The staff was awful. One made my daughter cry and another yelled at my son. I wonder if we went to the same one? I even spoke with a manager and she was not nice either. My kids are now too tall to use it, but honestly it soured my IKEA experience and I don't go there much anymore.

AngB
08-11-2013, 05:03 PM
We don't have IKEA so I had to google to figure out what the heck this place was. UGH. I am so sorry your kids had a bad experience there!

BunnyBee
08-11-2013, 05:10 PM
My kids hate Smaland too. Awful staff! They had always begged to try it, so we tried it when we thought the oldest two were old enough. Never again.

joonbug
08-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Sorry :(. I am dreading Smaland so DD still plays in the toddler area lol, once she gets too big, I guess no more Ikea trips for us..

Gena
08-13-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm so sorry your family had a bad experience with Smaland. We loved the Smaland at our local Ikea. The staff was great with DS and very understanding of his special needs (autism and vision impairment). DS loved to go and had a lot of fun. He's too tall now, but he still talks about it when we go to Ikea.