PDA

View Full Version : Newborn Stroller Help!

MommyKari08
08-12-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm looking for a stroller for my sister. She lives in the city and will be travelling by herself a lot on the subway, train, etc. Can you recommend something lightweight, with full recline/appropriate for a newborn, that's easy to fold and steer, and costs $300 or less? Or anything close to it?
Thanks for your help! :)

Philly Mom
08-12-2013, 04:45 PM
A BJCM with a snuzzler. A snap would also work if you can get it for under $200.

crl
08-12-2013, 04:56 PM
For public transit with a newborn to six months or so, I would use a carrier/sling rather than a stroller. Holding baby and folding stroller and hauling both up and down stairs and on and off trains would be too hard for me. (YMMV, and if she will be using a transit system with elevators and will be allowed to leave the stroller open on the train or bus or whatever, that might change my opinion.). I loved my pikkolo and also my freehand Mei tei carriers when dd was little. With a newborn in a city, I would be looking for a stroller that can take on rough sidewalks and curbs and the like--something with air tires even--to use when I walking to my destination.

When the baby is old enough to sit up comfortably and starts to get big enough to be kind of heavy to baby wear for long stretches, I'd look for a very lightweight umbrella for public transit use.

Just my thoughts,
Catherine

abemom
08-12-2013, 10:54 PM
I was in NYC now and took my Snap 4. It worked great on the subway and in downtown Manhattan. I was mostly in Brooklyn, but it was good all over. My 3 yr. old was very comfortable sitting in the foot spot in the front when he got tired.
Some of the subways have elevators there.

The Allsorts pad is nice and comfortable and soft for the baby.

For shorter day trips I wore my baby.

Karinyc
08-13-2013, 12:55 AM
Maclaren Quest & a carrier (Ergo or Beco).

spannaz
08-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Maclaren Quest or Ryder that has a flat recline. Or Uppababy G-Luxe which also has a flat recline. Then a good baby carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psimpson3-5
08-13-2013, 01:45 PM
A BJCM with a snuzzler. A snap would also work if you can get it for under $200.

:yeahthat:

Nice and light, ridiculously easy to fold.