PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella Stroller?

mandapear
08-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Now that I've finally settled on the Versa for my main stroller and DS is just about out of his infant carseat, I'm in the market for a great umbrella stroller for our frequent trips back home. I'd like to keep it under or around $200, easy fold (upright a plus), easy push, good recline for naps on the go. I've scouted out the Peg Perego Si Light Weight Stroller, Peg Perego Pliko Mini Stroller, and the Inglesina 2013 Trip Stroller. Thoughts on those strollers or other suggestions?

TwoBees
08-14-2013, 10:49 AM
What about a Maclaren? The Triumph is under $200. You could do the UppaBaby G-Luxe, which is $220. The Britax B-Nimble would also be a decent option, although it's heavier than the G-Luxe and probably doesn't push as well (no experience comparing the two). That's around $160 I think.

ebp913
08-14-2013, 01:24 PM
I like the Si only because you still get a decent basket and I am a basket snob. I've heard good things on the Trip, and it seems like just about everyone loves the G-Luxe. I would skip the Pliko Mini as I just don't think it's that great.

Valco Snap might be an option if you can find one in your price range.

mandapear
08-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Valco Snap might be an option if you can find one in your price range.

Hmm. Hadn't thought about using a Snap as an "umbrella." Does anyone do this? I'd likely keep it in my trunk as a car stroller and take it with on trips, the snap might be even better than a real umbrella for this purpose.

Hemlock
08-15-2013, 01:25 PM
I have a Versa and a Snap 3. The Versa is my walking around the neighbourhood stroller and the Snap is my car/travel stroller. I love them both! The basket on the Snap is huge (much bigger than the basket on an umbrella stroller).