PDA

View Full Version : Fall/Winter toddler jacket?

Mopey
08-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Miss Mopey needs an everyday jacket for walking around with me this coming fall & winter. There was a good looking London Fog sort of fleece lined anorak with hood (would layer when necessary, obviously) at Costco I was tempted to try, but wasn't sure if anyone had glowing recs for anything?

Any and all advice/btdt much appreciated! :)

acmom
08-14-2013, 01:27 PM
For fall/spring and mild winter temps, we do the LLBean fleece lined camp hoodie. We have had them every year since my DD was a baby (someone gave one to me at my baby shower) and we have bought them for her and DS every year since. Not a winter coat to play outside of course, but they work great for fall/spring and errands and stuff in the winter when it is not super cold.

lizzywednesday
08-14-2013, 02:05 PM
For fall, we just do hooded sweatshirts & fleeces.

If it's raining, I like the vinyl raincoat I bought her at Target 2 years ago - it's fabric-lined, so a bit more substantial and less sticky than the raincoats of my childhood!

For winter, we've gotten her a coat from Columbia Outlet the last 2 years. And I keep it at school, since we are a no-coats-in-the-carseat family.

Last year, we got something similar to this one from LL Bean:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/74869?feat=512115-GN1&page=boys-wildcat-3-in-1-parka

I liked the multi-layer idea, which, in practice, gave us a lot of flexibility through the fall and into spring.

The year before, I just got a simple jacket like this:

http://www.columbia.com/Girl%27s-Splash-Flash%E2%84%A2-Hooded-Softshell---Toddler/WA3231,default,pd.html

Hope this helps!

Mopey
11-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Bump for more answers please :)

Mopey is now wearing the nylon/ripstop/fleece-lined hooded jacket they were selling at Costco a couple of months ago.... But I really think she needs something heavier as it gets colder and we still plan to be out a lot.

TIA!!

pastrygirl
11-21-2013, 03:08 PM
I've always used the LLBean Katahdin parka for winters once they started walking. In the early years, they last two winters in one size.

weech
11-21-2013, 03:11 PM
I just got a Snozu down/fleece coat for DS at Costco for $23. We have a 3-in-1 jacket already but he is totally anti-bulk and this one is really thin but also warm.

mackmama
11-21-2013, 07:31 PM
We like North Face.

Mopey
11-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Thanks everyone! I picked up a down puffy for her at Land's End - wicked outwear sale right now fyi! The snowsuit I got was $50 off!

swissair81
11-22-2013, 07:52 AM
My kids all have The North Face Oso hoodies and LE down vests for out of the car. DD4 has an Oso snowsuit and I cover her with a heavy blanket.