PDA

View Full Version : Oh my gosh! I SO should not have started this project!

bisous
08-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Kids are happily watching Cars right now because I figured I could then happily put together my newest expedit purchase. It is only a 4 x 2 but UGH I'm stuck! Can't get those dang pegs through. And now I have half put together furniture in the middle of the room. I'm afraid the kids will destroy it. DH can probably fix this for me but it is his birthday and we've got plans. Dang pregnancy nesting and overconfidence! I'm going to go see if my neighbors have a rubber mallet...

SnuggleBuggles
08-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Last time I attempted assembly, I got through half and thought something was wrong so quit til dh got home. I'd assembled it backwards. Doh!

Pear
08-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Do you have a rubber mallet. I find it is the secret weapon for successful assemble at home furniture.

hellokitty
08-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Yes, you need a runner mallet.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

bisous
08-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Yes! The rubber mallet was the secret. Unfortunately the neighbor wasn't home so DH got to assemble the bookcase (with his hidden rubber mallet--I couldn't find that thing anywhere!) when he got home on his birthday. Lesson learned. I'll find the tools first. (And save projects like that for other, less important days!)